Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 07:54 PM

8,507 posts, read 8,825,111 times

Advertisements

Had to take a phone call at time of last night's post composition, so had to let it go shorter than it might have been otherwise. Just getting back to this thread.

Berthoud is pushing $600k median price (2nd most in group to Erie's $700k), oldest (May not matter to you directly but it contributes to quiet) and 2nd least dense (to Mead).

Johnstown is youngest and might have near the density you want.

Loveland has the most amenities. Maybe outside south end would work.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-05-2023 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 10:20 PM

123 posts, read 253,249 times
Have a few commercial spots to look at on Monday, and IIRC that's Berthoud and Loveland. (Someone else is handling that). But I've been driving around today to look at some residential options. Berthoud is workable, but yeah, price is tricky. I quite like Loveland... clean and very residential, with some activity not too far away.
Thornton, maybe, but it seems far out of anything commercial we've seen so far.
I'm not a fan of Johnstown, but only saw one community, just being built. Area seems too rural for me.
Still have to look at Mead, Erie, Firestone.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Had to take a phone call at time of last night's post composition, so had to let it go shorter than it might have been otherwise. Just getting back to this thread.

Berthoud is pushing $600k median price (2nd most in group to Erie's $700k), oldest (May not matter to you directly but it contributes to quiet) and 2nd least dense (to Mead).

Johnstown is youngest and might have near the density you want.

Loveland has the most amenities. Maybe outside south end would work.

I think I need to see more of Johnstown then... I got a completely different vibe. But also, the places I looked at seem to be much larger than I need. Will check redfin...

Old 05-06-2023, 11:11 PM

8,507 posts, read 8,825,111 times
Loveland and Johnstown with the lowest median housing prices of your original options.

Judge places on amenities they have or are near enough to be acceptable.

Old 05-20-2023, 07:39 AM

I left CO already, but my short summary is:
Longmont: pretty good, but less options for homes that are not old.
Johnstown: yes, I misjudged it, and went back again and think it's much better now.
Berthoud: deader than I originally felt, and less interested now.
Loveland: really like how clean and peaceful it is, and it's newer/cleaner. Prices fit my needs. This is my top option now.
Fort Collins: took a quick jaunt up here on the last day, and I didn't really see the appeal. But it was quick, so I am withholding judgement.
Boulder: Took a quick trip over here on evening and it's much nicer (more activity). But location doesn't fit for work stuff, and AIUI properties are more $$$, so not an option for me.
I did see some places a bit further East (Thornton) and I'm not sure about those yet... seems very rural (from where I'm at now), but I'm keeping an open mind and will re-visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado