Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,914,911 times

Advertisements

...please do one thing for us, and this isn't meant to sound mean or whatever but most of you can use the "search" function on the top of this forum and it's sub forums.

I, along with many native Coloradans as well as newcomers want to help you but you have to help yourself, first.

So many of your questions have been answered time and time again and in the interest of keeping things fun and energetic, I am asking you all that are wanting to move to Colorado to do a search first and then if your question is not answered, then post.

I am not a moderator here but, gracious, I can only look at another "what's the weather like" post before I go postal. There are so many threads on weather not to mention the links on city-data.com and GEE Google... imagine that.

You can use a bunch of search keywords...say "snow tires" or ""summer in Denver" or "humidity" or "weather" or whatever. I am not looking to slow down this site at all but some of you coming along need to do a search first. It's not that hard.

If you don't find the answers to your main question(s), then post it. There is nothing wrong with feeling a bit outcast here or when moving to Colorado but do a serious search before you post your question. 95% of the time the question YOUr question has been posted/asked and answered.

Poke around and don't be afraid of search terms, you can find a huge amount of wealth here with regards to the questions you pose.

As a native of CO I dig the off beat questions that lead to other dialogue, but if you can't find out what the weather is like in Denver, Colorado Springs or Trinidad, you need some skills my friend as all of them are here or on Google. I dig you want a local's perspective, but yeah, it's all been hashed out so use that search function and help us senior Colorado residents not want to burn out from the same questions that come up time and time again.

With that, I give you all a cookie. I know moving is the suck so a cookie and if you want a cup of coffee on me...well, I can't afford all that but you get the gist.

Last edited by COflower; 10-12-2008 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 AM

274 posts, read 627,602 times
As far as the weather thing goes, that data is not always easy to find. I did a GOOGLE search on the snowiest cities in CO, cities with highest snowfall totals, etc and my results all came back with Denver as being the snowiest. And we all know that is not true. A lot of your smaller mountain towns won't show up in searches like that. And certain weather sites are very hard to maneuver around to find your information. Then when you search for weather on these forums... pages and pages come up that you need to go through. So instead of searching for hours on end, its easier to just ask someone.

I would rather ask someone, then spend a bunch of time using Google and searching around for something I may not find the answer to, then all I have done is waste my time.

And if you see another "what's the weather like" post, why not just ignore it?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
As far as the weather thing goes, that data is not always easy to find. I did a GOOGLE search on the snowiest cities in CO, cities with highest snowfall totals, etc and my results all came back with Denver as being the snowiest. And we all know that is not true.
Gee sound like someone didn't "search" City-data.com and it's forums.

Weather has been an exhaustive thing that people talk about around here...apparently you didn't do the search I was talking about, right here on city-data.com....good on your google search but did you search here?

I don't think so and that's my point. I have posted a lot about the weather here, from the Denver area to Colorado Springs to Grand Junction.

It's not that hard to find...my point. Hello Google aside city-data.com has a buttload of information and if you can't find it, then that's your problem...I am not happy about people that can't use the search function here and crap, even Google.

It's just not that hard. "Colorado springs weather" gives you good results.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Some people don't have the free time to spends hours searching in a forum that you can just ask a question about. People with kids, jobs, and/or going to school their free time is pretty much non existent. So they don't have time to search and search for answers to some questions. I work 14 hours a day 6 days a week and have over an hour drive to work. I have about 5 hours a day to myself that I have to sleep, eat, and take care of daily household chores. So someone like me doesn't have the time to search and search for answers. It's easier for me to take 5 mins to post a question and 5 mins every day or every other day to check back for my answers.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 AM

355 posts, read 1,403,984 times
^^there is a search button too.....but who cares if you don't want to answer the same questions over and over there is a solution.... simply don't. People can ask all they want....

Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 AM

You're a special snowflake are you I_Want_Snow You want others to do the work for you.

Gee, how am I not suprised at that?

Look Snowflake,I am pointing out a simple thing here....do a search, you will find your information and you can move on. If it doesn't suit your search terms then, holy ****? BINGO, we all have a topic.

But your "special snowflake" answer doesn't buy a yaht or even a corpse. I am just asking that people take out some time to review what's been said. If they don't have that kind of time, why are they bothering? Moving to a new state is not like buying shoes form KMart, it's like buying shoes from Macy's. MMMMMMMMMkay? Yeah, if the next person comes along "what's the weather like in Denver" I expect you to answer them with honest and sincere "I love you, here's what the weather is like" despite the fact that most in Denver dont' have a flippin' clue and aren't natives and if they base their weather assumptions over the last 2 years...yeah...go for it.

Until then, back off. I have lived in Colorado for 40 years and I do feel that most of the topics have been hashed out and a bit of a search isn't going to hurt a soul. If they have that little of time to search, perhaps they should stay where they are and think about Colorado later when they have the time.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:57 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,466,506 times
Let's settle the @#$%^&*!!! climate thing once and for all. I posted this site address at least a HUNDRED times! It has about the most extensive climate information one can find in one place on web for most places in the world, including Colorado locations. Read the damned stuff for yourself before asking stupid questions like "Is Colorado really dry?" or "How much does it snow in _______?":

Weatherbase

You can also go here for Colorado climatic information. This site used to be somewhat difficult to navigate, but is improved:

Western US COOP Station Map

Old 10-12-2008, 10:51 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,142 times
Wow... this is the first thread I read after joining looking to get some info on your beautiful state. Are all CO natives this angry and unwilling to help new people? Does anyone know of another forum that I can go to get some information? I am trying to gather some information and really don't want to start any threads that are going to upset anyone or have anyone make a bunch of mean/rude comments on. It appears my stay here on this site will be short...

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Don't let this one thread discourage you. I have asked plenty of questions and 99% of the people you encounter on this site will be helpful and nice.

I guess I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Last edited by I_Want_Snow; 10-12-2008 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado