Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM

87 posts, read 458,338 times

Advertisements

I took my parents for lunch today to celebrate the closing on our new home. They wanted to go to the Do Drop Inn in Pueblo West.

My mother ordered the fried spaghetti, it was flavorless, bland, and the broccoli was raw. My father ordered a gyro and it wasn't horrible but he wouldn't get it again. I ordered a mushroom and onion pizza. When it finally came to the table it looked scrumptious, but boy was it deceiving. The pizza was not cooked all the way through. There was very little topping and there was just about no sauce on the pizza. It was a giant slab of uncooked awful pizza dough. I sent it back to be cooked properly so my husband could eat it later (he'll eat anything!) and I went home disappointed and hungry. And btw, even cooked longer he says it still tastes raw.

The worst part was that the pizza cost me $22. A store bought frozen pizza is better than this crap! This isn't my first visit to the Don't Drop Inn either, this was their third strike, I'll never eat there again. I do not understand how these awful establishments manage to stay in business. The gall to charge $22 for that disgusting pizza...

After so many disappointing restaurant meals around here, I'm considering opening my own place, at least my family knows how to cook good food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM

835 posts, read 2,856,079 times
do wat i do eat a tonys pizza they are next to nothin and cheap can find them at local grocer

Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM

18,005 posts, read 27,450,890 times
The Dew Drop Inn... yeah, I don't like that thick crust pizza much either. It reminds me of Beau Jo's in Denver and Idaho Springs.

Any pizza that needs honey to choke down the crust ain't pizza.

I like a $16.00 family size pizza from Papa Murphs, myself. That way, you can burn that pizza to your liking.

Give Dew Drop one more chance, but don't get pizza and don't go for lunch or dinner. Go there for breakfast sometime and try the smothered breakfast burrito. It ain't bad. I ain't gonna slap nobody's grandma over it neither. B+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
do wat i do eat a tonys pizza they are next to nothin and cheap can find them at local grocer
When you get your Tony's pizza look on the label and you'll see that it's owned by Schwans. You can get three of those 22 oz frozen pizzas from them direct for the price of two or less from Queen Snoopers, Alberts, or Dangerousways.

Flashforward to Crematia: well have you tried Coffee Grounds? If you don't like that place, you're picky.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Thousands of years ago into the future...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM

I had breakfast there already that was one of their 3 strikes

Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 9,412 times
Default DO DROP INN....Best Pizza in town

Omg. I think you are crazy!! I am from New York and honestly Do Drop is the best pizza i have ever tasted. The crust is so unique i have never tasted anything like it anywhere else. Their canoles (calzones) are also amazing. When my family visits from NY they insist on going to the Do Drop. Pueblo doesn't know how lucky they are to have a place like this.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
not taking the bait brooklyn!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn9939 View Post
Omg. I think you are crazy!! I am from New York and honestly Do Drop is the best pizza i have ever tasted. The crust is so unique i have never tasted anything like it anywhere else. Their canoles (calzones) are also amazing. When my family visits from NY they insist on going to the Do Drop. Pueblo doesn't know how lucky they are to have a place like this.
Really? I rather like the Brooklyn/Bronx style pizza myself. I'll have to try a calzone sometime. I guess it's kind of got that sweet taste to the crust sort of like that "Sweetness" they have at Edgewater Inn in Edgewater near Sloans Lake. One of our reps from Old Dominion brings us lunch about once or twice / month and she'll usually bring us this pizza, but I've suggested that she bring pizza from Angelo's Pizza Parlor or the Sausage and green chile pepper from Iannes on Northern. Now those last two are yummy for sure!

I still think their smothered breakfast burrito is pretty good. Please keep in mind that this place is an offshoot of the original place down in Pueblo off of South Sante Fe as it curves around to the east. ADD: actually, go straight south and don't stay on Sante Fe or the road that curves east and becomes what I call South 50.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-25-2008 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Even though it has a "Dew Drop" on the sign, I guess it's really "Do Drop Inn".

Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,968 times
I too love the pizza at Dew Drop Inn. But I've only ate at the one by the old steel mill. The crust is made from sweetbread dough. I think it was the best pizza I've ever tasted. But i know there's nothing more subjective than the rating of pizza.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 PM

I am planning on trying this place: Pizzeria Rustica :: Serving Artisan Pizza in the Neapolitan Tradition The Gazette had a good write up about it. It sounds like it might be worth the trip, anyone been there yet?

There's a place on 50 (I forget the name of it) over by the Super 8 Hotel, that pizza wasn't bad, I was able to get a ricotta, basil, and garlic pizza and it was pretty decent too, but a bit pricey for pizza.

Oh how I miss Mama Lisa's and The Paddock of Somerville, MA!

Old 08-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
There's a place on 50 (I forget the name of it) over by the Super 8 Hotel, that pizza wasn't bad, I was able to get a ricotta, basil, and garlic pizza and it was pretty decent too, but a bit pricey for pizza.
That would be Angelo's. I agree it's pricey too. They had the original place on Union in the Historic District and it's moved to right on the River Walk. I'd like to check it out soon. I don't know if it's open yet. Either way, it's the New Yorkest pizza I've had in Pueblo County.

You might get a better deal at Ianne's on Northern. As far as I know, it's take-out only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado