Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM

162 posts, read 631,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree with you on the Fountain river, that is why Pueblo wants the Springs to take their water east of the confluence of the Fountain and Arkansas rivers, gives them a extra incentive to send us clean water down the Fountain if not then they have to deal with it as well.

I agree with you on high tech jobs, that is the main reason I am happy about the Pueblo Springs Ranch and the tech park. It will be the largest in the state, I was told that by Pueblo's planing director, and the company really wants to bring some major tech companies here, I was told that by pedco. There should be a public meeting on it soon, I will go and post here what I find out.

As far as the Vestas we are the production part of the wind turbines. They bought 800 acers and right now only used 200 acers for their 700,000 square foot facility, that is the largest of its kind in the world. The rest will go to the companies they use, such as suppliers etc., who will be located by the plant. So in the end it will mean a lot more then the 550 jobs we are getting now, why they state and city gave more incentives to Vestas for this facility then the ones going to Brighten or Windsor.

I know I am a optimist but from the things I hear going on I think the next 11 years will be an exiting time to be in Pueblo. Just to give you one example I have heard from the highest officials in Pueblo, sorry I cant say who, that Pueblo has a 70% chance of getting a major corporate headquarters next year and they will build two office towers one 23 and one 16 stories high.
You sound like Eeyore from Skyscraper forum!

Blake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Blake,

LOL that is me, I would of used Eeyore here but the name was already taken grr lol

Whart is your screen name there?

Last edited by Josseppie; 12-26-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorBill View Post
My wife & I are so excited about our move to Pueblo. When we decided to move here and start a church we had no idea this type of expansion was in the work. If any city deserves these opportunities it is Pueblo. From reading on the history of Pueblo, these opportunities excite me. What wonderful potential we have in Pueblo, CO. The underdog city. I truly believe in beauty from ashes. From the ashes of what was seemingly defeat many times in this city will emerge a beautiful city. We should really be praying for the city officials, state officials, for the businesses that are deciding to make Pueblo their permanent home, & don't forget the citizens of Pueblo. I am overwhelmed with joy & excitement for the bright future of Pueblo & it's citizens. We will see you all in June 2009. Pueblo Family Church coming soon! Growing in Faith, Family, & Service. God bless you all.
Pastor Bill,

You should like it here, we are a friendly community that is the perfect mix of urbanism and suburbia and we have the "Goldie lox" weather, not to hot and not to cold lol. If you have any questions I will be more then happy to try and answer them for you :-).

If you or anyone is interested in another site that talks about Pueblo and our largest suburb Colorado Springs (just kidding Springs residents! ) there is a good page on skyscrapers forum, here is the link:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=119361

Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 AM

[quote=Josseppie;6713835]Pastor Bill,

You should like it here, we are a friendly community that is the perfect mix of urbanism and suburbia and we have the "Goldie lox" weather, not to hot and not to cold lol. If you have any questions I will be more then happy to try and answer them for you :-).

Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesttbass View Post
DoubleH, thanks for the suggestions. I most certainly will visit the places you have mentioned. It's most of what I will be doing in my year in Pueblo. So much to see, so little time. I love the high desert, moutain foothills, the mountains and all the fun places along the way. Just blows me away. I love to camp and fish too. Thanks Vegas for the pics!!

It looks like I'll need to bring some good ol Kansas City BBQ tho. I didn't see any BBQ joints in town. Any suggestions?
BBQ?? Yes! We've got that now! Pricey but good! Dad's Barbeque on Prairie just a couple blocks north of Pueblo Blvd on the east side of the street!

I went there for some chicken ( a bit overdone...tough, but tasted ok) and brisket and beans! I just wanted some quick takeout for dinner and didn't want to spend more than 20. They accidently sent me home with a rack of ribs! OMG! It costed 24 bucks for that and I squared up with them, but man those ribs were good! Had the babybacks too. It's like 18 bucks for half a rack of those.

The cats don't usually beg for food when we're eating, but those things were about to bite our fingers off!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:14 PM

What about the wings place off of the Pueblo BLVD? And cute kitty :-)

Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Sort of a generic version of Hooters? The kitty says, "Thx".

Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Humm i guess it could be lol thats pueblo for ya lol

Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,046 times
I lived in pueblo all my life Its a great place to live its mostly mexican and white but we all blind together there is no real "your white you cant hang with us" or vice versia. for 200-300k you can get a very nice house in pueblo west which is were i lived.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado