Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live in New York City?
Yes, I would like to live in New York City. 10 37.04%
No, I don't want to live in New York City. 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:16 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Again its all a matter of perspective I said Pueblo is more cosmopolitan then the Springs that being said Denver and NYC and Boston, to name a few, are more cosmopolitan then Pueblo....
That along with another 40 or so 'major metro cities', not to mention all the State 'capital cities' around the nation that are WAAAAAAY more "cosmopolitan" than Pueblo.

There's nothing wrong with hometown pride. But, your are crossing the line between hometown pride and veering off into 'false' pride.

You actually listed a "control tower" at a power plant as a building or something. That "power plant" by the way, ain't in downtown Pueblo. And if that Pueblo's idea of a skyscaper, you're in more trouble than I thought!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 03:24 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,480,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
That along with another 40 or so 'major metro cities', not to mention all the State 'capital cities' around the nation that are WAAAAAAY more "cosmopolitan" than Pueblo.

There's nothing wrong with hometown pride. But, your are crossing the line between hometown pride and veering off into 'false' pride.

You actually listed a "control tower" at a power plant as a building or something. That "power plant" by the way, ain't in downtown Pueblo. And if that Pueblo's idea of a skyscaper, you're in more trouble than I thought!
I don't disagree with you on the fact that 40 or so cities are more cosmopolitan then Pueblo but I can also name thousands of cities and towns that are not. That is a ratio that I will take.

BTW not every state capitol is more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, examples are the cities in Wyoming, Montana, and North and South Dakota.

Also, I have said that downtown Pueblo needs work and we at least have the foresight to spend time and money on our downtown with urban renewl projects.

Look at this link: http://www.pueblourbanrenewal.org/

Do we consider the control center at the power plant a high rise like a 30 story office building in downtown would be, no we don't. I just find it interesting that we have a "heavy industrial high rise" and something that is worth noting, especially given the fact Pueblo is a industrial city.

Last edited by Josseppie; 02-19-2009 at 04:00 PM..

Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with on the fact that 40 or so cities are more cosmopolitan then Pueblo but I can also name thousands of cities and towns that are not. That is a ratio that I will take.

BTW not every state capitol is more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, examples are the cities in Wyoming, Montana, and North and South Dakota.

Also, I have said that downtown Pueblo needs work and we at least have the foresight to spend time and money on our downtown with urban renewl projects.

Look at this link: http://www.pueblourbanrenewal.org/

Do we consider the control center at the power plant a high rise like a 30 story office building in downtown would be, no we don't. I just find it interesting that we have a "heavy industrial high rise" and something that is worth noting, especially given the fact Pueblo is a industrial city.
Take it from somebody who has spent years of his life 'on-the-road', Pueblo is in no way, shape, or form, "cosmopolitan".

You just listed the States of Wyoming, Montana, North and Soth Dakota, why? Who in the world even thinks about ANYTHING "cosmopolitan", when thinking of those 4 states? Who?

Again, this is where 'false' pride is clouting your judgement. Colorado Springs is way nicer than Pueblo to begin with, and I'd say it's average resident is probably a little more educated and "cosmopolitan" than the average resident of Pueblo.

You disagree that there's 40 cities or towns that are MORE "cosmopolitan" than Pueblo? My man, you haven't travelled that much is all I can say. Take almost ANY little town in the New England states, you'll see how 'little towns' can be 'cosmopolitan'. Towns that their colleges are intergrated with their towns.

Portland Maine, has a city population of 60,000 or so. Take a trip there and see the difference between there and Pueblo. You really don't have a clue if you think otherwise.

A power plant has you impressed? lol lol lol They're all over the country, nobody likes looking at them though, or the pollution they create, so for the most part, they're located in the boonies. Hence, Pueblo!

The better thing to ask would be, "What town is Pueblo more cosmopolitan than" ? Not the other way around, cause there's too many to list.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has spent years of his life 'on-the-road', Pueblo is in no way, shape, or form, "cosmopolitan".

You just listed the States of Wyoming, Montana, North and Soth Dakota, why? Who in the world even thinks about ANYTHING "cosmopolitan", when thinking of those 4 states? Who?

Again, this is where 'false' pride is clouting your judgement. Colorado Springs is way nicer than Pueblo to begin with, and I'd say it's average resident is probably a little more educated and "cosmopolitan" than the average resident of Pueblo.

You disagree that there's 40 cities or towns that are MORE "cosmopolitan" than Pueblo? My man, you haven't travelled that much is all I can say. Take almost ANY little town in the New England states, you'll see how 'little towns' can be 'cosmopolitan'. Towns that their colleges are intergrated with their towns.

Portland Maine, has a city population of 60,000 or so. Take a trip there and see the difference between there and Pueblo. You really don't have a clue if you think otherwise.

A power plant has you impressed? lol lol lol They're all over the country, nobody likes looking at them though, or the pollution they create, so for the most part, they're located in the boonies. Hence, Pueblo!

The better thing to ask would be, "What town is Pueblo more cosmopolitan than" ? Not the other way around, cause there's too many to list.
You said that Colorado Springs is "nicer" then Pueblo. That is a personal judgement and one I disagree with but I know you can find people who think the opposite and that's ok.

As far as being cosmopolitan I volunteer for Pueblo gay Pride and work with people who put on Colorado Springs gay pride and I can see the difference between the two cities and trust me when I say its much easier to work with Pueblo. That's a fact, not an opinion.

You said every state capitol, you did not leave out any state so I just threw in some states that Pueblo is more cosmopolitan then. Also if you look at what I said I agreed that there are 40 or more cities more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, I will even give you 100 but that still leaves thousands that are not a ratio I will take....

As far as Pueblo competing with cities people see that we are industrial and think that means we are not cosmopolitan when that is far from the truth. Cities might "look" more high tech but when you study them you find they are less accepting of minorities etc. Again I say that as a gay guy who has been to many cities who are in fact that way, two good examples are Colorado Springs and Salt lake City.

As far as traveling, I do a lot my self and in fact have been to every cotenant on the world except the ant-Arctic. In fact I am going to Barcelona next month. I even have my MBA from San Diego, a city more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, so I know what the world is like outside of Pueblo.

Finally, what can I say I think the power plant is kewl, maybe you do not and that's ok. Also, Pueblo is becoming the renewable energy capitol of the region with developments like this:

"Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: AEHI) signed an agreement with a representative of the proposed Colorado Energy Park (CEP) southeast of Pueblo, CO to negotiate contracts on land and water rights for multiple large advanced nuclear reactors. The current CEP site is over 21,000 acres and is valued at $83 million, including substantial water use rights. CEP can host a mixed portfolio of renewable energy including solar PV and CSP, wind, biomass, small-hydro and nuclear. AEHI will seek a complement of multiple clean energy providers to fully utilize the large site and share the nuclear plant's transmission, water, road and rail infrastructure. When fully developed, CEP will help meet the state's and region's growing demand for electricity. At CEP, AEHI will help the US achieve energy independence, and meet the goal of increasing sources of green energy to reduce CO2 and toxic emissions from the global environment. The CEP as a merchant site should be able to wield power east of the Rockies as needed to meet demand. "

That is something that not only Pueblo can be proud of but the entire state of Colorado. The Gazette came out for it and I am told will mean 20,000 plus jobs for Pueblo and I believe the reason Pueblo will become the states second largest city again much the same the military did for the Springs back in the 1940's.

Last edited by Josseppie; 02-19-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
You're pimpin' it hard, dude!

But what about New York?!!!!!!!

PS: It should be pittsteeler*fan.

* It was a forward pass.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You said that Colorado Springs is "nicer" then Pueblo. That is a personal judgement and one I disagree with but I know you can find people who think the opposite and that's ok.

As far as being cosmopolitan I volunteer for Pueblo gay Pride and work with people who put on Colorado Springs gay pride and I can see the difference between the two cities and trust me when I say its much easier to work with Pueblo. That's a fact, not an opinion.

You said every state capitol, you did not leave out any state so I just threw in some states that Pueblo is more cosmopolitan then. Also if you look at what I said I agreed that there are 40 or more cities more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, I will even give you 100 but that still leaves thousands that are not a ratio I will take....

As far as Pueblo competing with cities people see that we are industrial and think that means we are not cosmopolitan when that is far from the truth. Cities might "look" more high tech but when you study them you find they are less accepting of minorities etc. Again I say that as a gay guy who has been to many cities who are in fact that way, two good examples are Colorado Springs and Salt lake City.

As far as traveling, I do a lot my self and in fact have been to every cotenant on the world except the ant-Arctic. In fact I am going to Barcelona next month. I even have my MBA from San Diego, a city more cosmopolitan then Pueblo, so I know what the world is like outside of Pueblo.

Finally, what can I say I think the power plant is kewl, maybe you do not and that's ok. Also, Pueblo is becoming the renewable energy capitol of the region with developments like this:

"Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: AEHI) signed an agreement with a representative of the proposed Colorado Energy Park (CEP) southeast of Pueblo, CO to negotiate contracts on land and water rights for multiple large advanced nuclear reactors. The current CEP site is over 21,000 acres and is valued at $83 million, including substantial water use rights. CEP can host a mixed portfolio of renewable energy including solar PV and CSP, wind, biomass, small-hydro and nuclear. AEHI will seek a complement of multiple clean energy providers to fully utilize the large site and share the nuclear plant's transmission, water, road and rail infrastructure. When fully developed, CEP will help meet the state's and region's growing demand for electricity. At CEP, AEHI will help the US achieve energy independence, and meet the goal of increasing sources of green energy to reduce CO2 and toxic emissions from the global environment. The CEP as a merchant site should be able to wield power east of the Rockies as needed to meet demand. "

That is something that not only Pueblo can be proud of but the entire state of Colorado. The Gazette came out for it and I am told will mean 20,000 plus jobs for Pueblo and I believeAlternate Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: AEHI) signed an agreement with a representative of the proposed Colorado Energy Park (CEP) southeast of Pueblo, CO to negotiate contracts on land and water rights for multiple large advanced nuclear reactors. The current CEP site is over 21,000 acres and is valued at $83 million, including substantial water use rights. CEP can host a mixed portfolio of renewable energy including solar PV and CSP, wind, biomass, small-hydro and nuclear. AEHI will seek a complement of multiple clean energy providers to fully utilize the large site and share the nuclear plant's transmission, water, road and rail infrastructure. When fully developed, CEP will help meet the state's and region's growing demand for electricity. At CEP, AEHI will help the US achieve energy independence, and meet the goal of increasing sources of green energy to reduce CO2 and toxic emissions from the global environment. The CEP as a merchant site should be able to wield power east of the Rockies as needed to meet demand.
be the reason Pueblo becomes the states second largest city again much the same the military did for the Springs back in the 1940's.

What's up with all this "gay-ness" you keep bring up? In almost every one of your post, you talk about the fact that you're "gay". People who are truly "cosmopolitan", don't feel the need to bring up their sexual orientation EVERY 2 minutes.

Anyone who is truly "cosmopolitan", would die if they had to live in Pueblo. As a "gay guy", you should understand the "cosmopolitan" difference between San Diego and San Fransico. Now, think about trying to compare either of those cities to the town of Pueblo............

Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You're pimpin' it hard, dude!

But what about New York?!!!!!!!

PS: It should be pittsteeler*fan.

* It was a forward pass.
And I guess he would have scored a touchdown 'without a doubt' with that 13 seconds left?..............

Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
What's up with all this "gay-ness" you keep bring up? In almost every one of your post, you talk about the fact that you're "gay". People who are truly "cosmopolitan", don't feel the need to bring up their sexual orientation EVERY 2 minutes.

Anyone who is truly "cosmopolitan", would die if they had to live in Pueblo. As a "gay guy", you should understand the "cosmopolitan" difference between San Diego and San Fransico. Now, think about trying to compare either of those cities to the town of Pueblo............
Because that is a strong point Pueblo has over most cities, including Colorado Springs and Salt Lake City, NOT San Francisco and San Diego by far they are more cosmopolitan then Pueblo. And since I am in the community that is something I know first hand and not just by studying and talking to people it affects.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,411,820 times
I am glad that this thread veered away from the topic which to me is a waste of time by the OP and will not get any good information. I started the problem by posted my experience that NYC is attractive to many people and it is very apparent to anyone who has lived in that City. Many other former New Yawkers also support that view.

The rest of New York is losing population and in decay, New York City and I mean within the city, not only the suburbs; continues to grow with new people, not only from abroad, but from other states. You can see in the changes of once bad neighborhoods like Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Spanish Harlem and even the South Bronx because the space is needed for new people.

OK, I am not within the age of the OP concerns--well beyond it. No, I would never live in NYC, again. But I am not young and aggressive; my creativity and intelligence is open to debate; I am not the "cream of the crop", I am the chaff that is left in the field. I have lived in Europe and NYC is akin to a major European City with the same allure.

I tried to answer the OP in my post on the other thread on this subject, euphemistically, so as not to offend and hinted that his crowd was not of the attributes of the very best so, of course, he would not meet people who wanted to live in NYC. So, now I, in the style of an arrogant New Yawker, will respond and say that I have met many like provincials who deride New York City, because they are not of the select group of individuals that cannot understand, learn and appreciate the benefits of a sophisticated cultural center like New York or Paris or London or Berlin or Rome etc. However, to be balanced, I have met many more New Yawkers who cannot understand, learn and appreciate the benefits of the rest of country beyond the Hudson. They are also a object of my dislike.

Livecontent

Old 02-20-2009, 05:59 AM

565 posts, read 1,848,818 times
Sorry, when someone says Pueblo, cosmopolitan does not come to mind - in fact the opposite does - small rural industrial town USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado