Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 PM

38 posts, read 98,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Thank you! Who knows maybe we can work on some projects together that affects all of Pueblo including HIV. That is a problem here that because we are a smaller city makes it harder to talk about. And as you know it affects everyone, gay or str8.
I would absolutely like to work with something like that. All kinds of people are affected by HIV/AIDS. Thanks again for all the info you give. You are a great spokes person for Pueblo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
I suggest focusing on your skills in spoken latin-american Spanish. Pueblo has an enormous latino population--legal and illegal. I think it's nearly 50% hispanics down there. And you know what they say...when in Rome, do as the illegal Albanian immigrants do.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 AM

38 posts, read 98,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
I suggest focusing on your skills in spoken latin-american Spanish. Pueblo has an enormous latino population--legal and illegal. I think it's nearly 50% hispanics down there. And you know what they say...when in Rome, do as the illegal Albanian immigrants do.
Yes, I am aware of the Latino population in Pueblo. God loves the Hispanics legal and illegal. Maybe we can help the illegals get their citizenships and teach them English. That would be nice. This may be down the road though. Thanks for your comments. I am also from down south. I am a Texas native, born in Dallas, TX.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Moderator cut: off topic
But out of respect, this IS the Community needs in Pueblo thread by someone who happens to be a pastor. If you have nothing positive to add to the thread, you've got many others you can post in, like here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, just to name a few.

You claim that PastorBill has an anti gay agenda, I disagree with that. He probably does have an anti sin agenda. The slippery slope that is involved with the bible and its teachings is another thread for another day. Until he goes out and protests Gay Pride marches, I'd say he's not having any agenda. You, on the other hand, seem to have a Pro Gay Agenda. I've seen threads you've started about it right here in the Colorado forum and you state your sexual orientation very often. What's your point? Are you looking for dates? Political clout? That to me is the only agenda I've witnessed in here so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south
Pueblo has an enormous latino population--legal and illegal.
That's not true. Pueblo has an enormous Latino population, true. But they're 3, 4 and 5th + generation. There are NOT a lot of illegals here because there's not enough jobs here for them and there never were, except maybe prior to about 1983. There are many Latinos here who don't speak much Spanish and even if they did, it wouldn't be relevant to later generation Latinos. But thanks for your opinion, Bob.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-27-2009 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-26-2009, 08:43 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Please stay on topic and reply to the question in the OP without attacking members personal beliefs... if you want to discuss religion in general please do so on the "Religion" forum.
Thanks!

forum rules, please read them

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-26-2009 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-26-2009, 08:48 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Moderator cut: off topic
But out of respect, this IS the Community needs in Pueblo thread by someone who happens to be a pastor. If you have nothing positive to add to the thread, you've got many others you can post in, like here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, just to name a few.

You claim that PastorBill has an anti gay agenda, I disagree with that. He probably does have an anti sin agenda. The slippery slope that is involved with the bible and its teachings is another thread for another day. Until he goes out and protests Gay Pride marches, I'd say he's not having any agenda. You, on the other hand, seem to have a Pro Gay Agenda. I've seen threads you've started about it right here in the Colorado forum and you state your sexual orientation very often. What's your point? Are you looking for dates? Political clout? That to me is the only agenda I've witnessed in here so far.

That's not true. Pueblo has an enormous Latino population, true. But they're 3, 4 and 5th + generation. There are NOT a lot of illegals here because there's not enough jobs here for them and there never were, except maybe prior to about 1983. There are many Latinos here who don't speak much Spanish and even if they did, it wouldn't be relevant to later generation Latinos. But thanks for your opinion, Bob.
I never claimed anything, I asked a question and if you look at the further posts he and I found common ground.

As far as me having a pro gay agenda if that means allowing us to have the same benefits as str8 people such as marriage and creating a city that is safe for gay people free from violence simply because someone is gay, and allows for someone to talk about him self being gay with out being attacked then yes I do and I am not looking for your approval to do so.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-27-2009 at 07:44 AM..

Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 AM

56 posts, read 148,664 times
A few years back my dad was in the hospital at St Mary Corwin. He was hospitalized for about 3 months and during my time visiting there I noticed that there were a lot of people hospitalized (old, young, and in between) who didn't have any visitors. There were a few who were just lonely... Maybe you could do an outreach program for the local hospitals and rest homes. There's nothing better than putting a smile on someones face just by reading to them, visiting with them, or letting them show you pictures and tell you stories. : ) I'm not quite sure of the stats in Pueblo but in the trying times of the current economical state domestic abuse/drug and alcohol abuse seams to be on the rise. Does Pueblo have an outreach program for abused spouses and children? Do they have enough popularity/is the name well known? Do they need support? What about suicide prevention? I know that suicide is a major problem in NE NM and there is little to no help or prevention programs there. But again I'm not sure on the problems in Pueblo. OP I certainly applaud your drive and passion in reaching out to the community, there's not many people these days who are willing to do that, religious figures or not. There are some that donate money and think they are good contributing people, but I believe that man power goes a lot further... volunteering is very important! Thanks for all you do...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well, I don't ask for a green card when I go to a fast food place or a gas station...but in my relatively few forays down there I've seen hispanics working in those places and speaking with an obvious acento de castellano.

Everyplace has the kinds of jobs illegals tend to take...hotel service, fast food, landscaping etc. It's just not true that there are no jobs for 'em.

Anyway, I didn't say the proportion of illegals was super high...I said that there are lots of latinos, both the legal and illegal variety. So unless you're telling me there isn't one undocumented latino in town, that statement holds true.

But thanks for your opinion, McGowdog.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
No Bob, what I'm saying is that there's proportionately more older generation Hispanic or Latino people here than other places around. You can ask anybody here who knows the area well. As far as who works at the local Taco Bell, KFC, Quality Inn, etc., I wouldn't dispute that. "Legal and Illegal"? I want to further dispute the "legal" comment. Pueblo used to be in Mexico. So those that stayed and/or remained here, would you call them legals or just natives?

Moderator cut: discuss this by sending a DM, not on this thread pleaseAdd: Live, my aggresive driving helped my wife get home from work tonight. Our road was closed and she was stuck in traffic. I had her meet me on a side road and follow me around the rez and home. We both got home safe. I'm an excellent driver and my daddy lets me drive slowly in the driveway. K-mart sux.

Driving for anybody was a wee bit trecherous today;

And a day ago...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: add

Old 03-26-2009, 08:11 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
OK, last try...
PLEASE stay on topic and answer the OP's question, which is

What kind of needs are in the community of Pueblo?

I understand that members have strong opinions when it comes to churches, religion etc. You can discuss this in the Religion forum, or the Politics and other Controversies forum, but please keep it off this thread.

Thank you!

forum rules, please read them

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-27-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado