Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,181,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
80skeys...your description is more like the Colorado weather that I have expereinced. .

It's 75 degrees outside my place today, and I'm at 7200+ ft...

That said, I don't really see how being in your 50's would be a big issue here. I'm 38, and I just ran an 8-mile race starting from Larkspur last weekend, and there were all sorts of people in their 40's and 50's passing me and I never could catch them again. And I train on the hills here regularly. My point is that I don't think being in your 50s is that old... If you have a chronic health problem which would be exacerbated by dryness, cold or altitude, then that's another matter.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-12-2009 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,776,221 times
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
80skeys...your description is more like the Colorado weather that I have expereinced.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
It's 75 degrees outside my place today, and I'm at 7200+ ft...

That said, I don't really see how being in your 50's would be a big issue here. I'm 38, and I just ran an 8-mile race starting from Larkspur last weekend, and there were all sorts of people in their 40's and 50's passing me and I never could catch them again. And I train on the hills here regularly. My point is that I don't think being in your 50s is that old... If you have a chronic health problem which would be exacerbated by dryness, cold or altitude, then that's another matter.
Pikes Peak can be cold and still has snow, but how many people live up there?

My suv showed 98 today in Pueblo!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post

My suv showed 98 today in Pueblo!
Pretty warm for May, I've seen 80's in April (and my tulips wilted!)
I'm 54 and consider myself pretty adaptable.
Snow driving, no matter how little snow there may be, is a real consideration.
All it takes is one accident to mess a person up--and it might be the Other Guy who causes it.
I'll agree with Katiana and the other poster about dry skin, renting first, and also one other thing: the fact that winter, no matter how mild it may be, can begin in September/October and not end until May/June and can dump quite a bit of snow (http://www.indenvertimes.com/2009/04/18/spring-snowstorm-slams-front-range/ - broken link) in March or April. Also, I don't know if you ever go to the beach, but perhaps you might miss it. I lived on both coasts before moving to Denver and always missed the ocean. But the beach might not be a factor at all for you.
And you might do absolutely fine in Colorado. I'm in your former region, north Florida, and loving it.
Sometimes all a person needs is change.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:53 PM

12 posts, read 38,925 times
Thank you all for your responses ... my Husband and I are still have Colorado on our list as one of the top 3 contenders for retirement destinations. We're looking at Tennessee & Northern Ga. ' in the mountain's' area... Colorado still calls out to me... and my hubby is open to where ever will make me happy... he says if I'm happy then he's happy. Thanks folks... we're still "shopping". :-)

Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 AM

21 posts, read 52,796 times
You have to decide for yourself. I'm from a very snowy area and dislike the cold. Just moved back from South Florida where winter was very nice but summer...forget it! My husband is from Florida panhandle and doesn't mind the snow at all and dislikes Florida's hotness and humity. His mom is from Canada (THAT's cold!) and won't move from Florida to Colorado because of the cold. I think the other things here outweigh the winter coldness.

North GA is very pretty. Very different from here. Not better, just different. It's all about what suits you or where the jobs are if you're needing one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado