Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,387 times

Advertisements

We took a drive down from HR today and found our way into Perry Park subdivision. There were a string of houses on Cheyenne where probably 4 of 10 were for sale? We liked the area and would consider a move but are there some issues/problems we should know about?

Thanks!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 06:45 PM

226 posts, read 1,369,429 times
Mike,

No problems or issues you should be aware of. I live in the Perry Park Area and the number of homes for sale is actually a little lower than usual for this time of year. Cheyenne has a large number of homes for sale because numerous builders have purchased lots and are building spec homes on that street. If you had driven down Mohawk a couple of months ago you would have see the same phenomenon, but now most of those homes have sold.

We have been in the area for a little over 4 years and absolutely love it. Depending on what you are looking for you may also want to look into Sage Port, Sterling Pointe or Perry Park East. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Ben Wolfe-

Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Nin

1 posts, read 5,491 times
Default Larkspur, Colorado

Hi Everyone,
I've been looking around the Larkspur area to purchase a home. We are looking for something with a bit of a "small town" feel to it, not real suburban, with a few acres of land around the house, and with a woodsy feel to it. The home doesn't have to be new.

Does anyone know this area, and can you give me some ideas of what it's like here?

We are also looking in Sedalia.

Thanks!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been looking around the Larkspur area to purchase a home. We are looking for something with a bit of a "small town" feel to it, not real suburban, with a few acres of land around the house, and with a woodsy feel to it. The home doesn't have to be new.

Does anyone know this area, and can you give me some ideas of what it's like here?

We are also looking in Sedalia.

Thanks!
I have lived in Larkspur for the past 4 years and I absolutely love it. Form your description you will want to limit your search to the Perry Park Area. This area has numerous pine trees and a mountain feel, but all of the roads area paved, you have excellent snow removal, and most amenities (city water, natural gas, DSL in most areas).

Perry Park Ranch has a reasonable number of homes for sale. Most of them are on 1 acre lots with trees. Prices start at about $350k, but you will want to spend about $500k to get something newer and nicer.

Sage Port would be another good area. It is a little closer (5-10 minutes) to I-25 than Perry Park so it will save time on your commute. It is about 30 minutes to the DTC or CO Springs. Similar lot sizes and prices to Perry Park.

Sterling Pointe is extremely nice and all of the homes are on 2.3 acres. Not may homes are on the market at the moment and you will need to spend over $700k. Very close to I25 and Bear Dance Golf Club.

Perry Park East does not have as many trees as the other areas, but all of the homes are on 5 or 6 acres, but inventory is very limited at the moment.

Sedalia is another very nice area, but unless you are willing to drive pretty far west you will not have the trees, but it would be worth looking at areas like Perry Pines and Christy Ridge especially if you have horses. If your budget is at or over $1mil some other areas in Sedalia are VERY nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Ben Wolfe-

Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 AM

7 posts, read 36,061 times
Smile Larkspur?

Hi all,

I really appreciate your help thus far with evaluating the different areas in Denver.

My husband recently mentioned Larkspur as an option. Can anyone tell me about Larkspur? (Real estate apprec or deprec, schools, family life, friendliness of people, crime, accessibility to outdoor activities etc).

I've looked at several listings from there and it seems beautiful.

Thanks.

Gumbi

Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbi View Post
Hi all,

I really appreciate your help thus far with evaluating the different areas in Denver.

My husband recently mentioned Larkspur as an option. Can anyone tell me about Larkspur? (Real estate apprec or deprec, schools, family life, friendliness of people, crime, accessibility to outdoor activities etc).

I've looked at several listings from there and it seems beautiful.

Thanks.

Gumbi
On thing about it is that it is sort of convenient between Colorado Springs and Denver for job searching. You'd have access to jobs in both towns.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:48 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,842 times
BenWolfe is a realtor who has posted here many times in the past. He's posted a lot of information on Larkspur, do a search and you'll find it.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbi View Post
(Thanks tfox, I have been so busy with work I have not had as much time to spend on the forum.)

gumbi,

Larkspur is a great area, we have lived here for over five years and have trouble thinking about ever living any place else. From a housing standpoint when most people think of Larkspur they are thinking of the Perry Park Area. Most lots are 1 acre in size and heavily wooded with mature Ponderosa Pines. It is a great community with overall friendly people ranging from 30 somethings raising families to retirees. Crime is virtually nonexistent.

This year the real estate market has been flat with a comparable number of homes selling as last year and minimal appreciation. The prior three or four years have seen steady growth and approximately 8% annual appreciation. The only down side to real estate in the Perry Park area is it is difficult to find much for under $400k.

Larkspur Elementary is an excellent school with a lot of community involvement and support. The middle (Castle Rock Middle School) and high (Castle View) schools are in Castle Rock.

It is borders Pike National Forrest for hiking and camping, but any worthwhile skiing is in Summit County 2 hours away. For the more mundane activities you will go to either Castle Rock or Monument for most of your shopping and eating out either of these are about 10 minutes away. The commute to the DTC or norther Colorado Springs is about 30 minutes.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 AM

7 posts, read 36,061 times
Default Thanks BW

I'll hopefully be visiting the Denver area in about 3 weeks. Wish me luck!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM

3 posts, read 22,625 times
Default Larkspur - ? for BenWolfe, the Larkspur guru

Ben -

Hello. Thank you for the knowledgeable posts about the Larkspur area. I appreciate your insight into the area (and others like Sedaliea) My wife and I (and 2 kids 8 and 5..and two Huskies) are intererested in Larkspur, but are a bit hesitant to actually commit because of the remoteness of it. We realize that, until they create matter transform devices like in Star Trek, that it's tough to have it both ways - a home with a ton of great pines and access to the city's amenities.

That being said, we're considering taking a hard look at the area. I either fly out of DIA or work out of my home, so there's no commute other than an airport trip (and what's an extra 15-20 min's in the space of a week?). So, commuting isn't a concern. It's more of the remote feel.

So...I am curious as to what makes you love Larkspur so much. I'm not questioning you or inferring that you are some kind of backwoods isolationist. I just would like to hear what you like about Larkspur so much and would like to see if that fits what we like and are about.

Anyone else with a comment about Larkspur is helpful too.

Thank you.

Last edited by DenverDude2008; 01-14-2008 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: more accurate title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado