Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 PM

83 posts, read 160,653 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about planning a 4 night trip to the mountains.

We are looking to go between late April and early October. I wouldn't mind snowboarding a little but probably not since she won't. So maybe summer would be good? Wouldn't mind a snowy mountain getaway without boarding but want to be close to the action and have nice views. Also want a private hot tub and access to nightlife.

I have been to Breckenridge but it's been a while, loved it. Does anyone have any hot tips on a good time price wise maybe least crowds yet still stuff to do warm or cold. Just want to enjoy views and ski town, like I said snowboard if possible, hike, cayak etc. $250-$350 a night. Want to stay somewhere nice, with amenities and close to action.

Thanks to anyone with the knowledge to point me in the right direction. I found a really nice ski condo that fit the description but it shows booked from May 1st to 2011! As I go google crazy I thought I might get lucky from someone who knows Breck well on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
I would not go April 15-May 31. It's mud season as the snow melts and everyone is fried from the winter so most of the town closes down so everyone can have a break. From July 4 weekend to Labor Day weekend is high season for summer time and that is when all activities and shops etc are going strong. September can be a nice month when the sun is out, but you can tell then winter is on the way and there is always a possibility for a snowfall or overcast weather. You can have some beautiful fall days in September when the aspen trees turn their leaves.

In the summer you should have no trouble finding lodgings of any type, except maybe on 4th of July weekend. The summer time crowd is more day trippers than destination tourists.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 PM

83 posts, read 160,653 times
Default perfect

That was fast, and just the kind of advice I am looking for. Thanks, that gives me a starting point.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:46 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
September is also when the Octoberfest takes place!! Beer,wine, brats, etc. They block off Main Street and it is fun!! Tons of people however!!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:47 AM

718 posts, read 1,986,366 times
If you get up there in May or June, there is a possibility that nearby Arapahoe Basin will still be open for some snowboarding. The later you are up there, the higher you will be able to hike, due to snow melting from the trails. Kayaking season in the mountains is usually early summer, when the run off is most exciting and the rivers are highest. For ski town rentals, vrbo.com is often a good place to find deals.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weber View Post
If you get up there in May or June, there is a possibility that nearby Arapahoe Basin will still be open for some snowboarding. The later you are up there, the higher you will be able to hike, due to snow melting from the trails. Kayaking season in the mountains is usually early summer, when the run off is most exciting and the rivers are highest. For ski town rentals, vrbo.com is often a good place to find deals.
The Basin this year is probably going to be dodgy for staying open late as the snow has sucked this year, so for the OP it's not something I would bank on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: