Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM

31 posts, read 146,023 times

Advertisements

Ok, I’m a kid who’s currently attending college in South Florida. I’m working hard, gettin’ good grades and all that, whatever. Right now I’m majoring in accounting (but that’ll probably change soon). I was thinking about going to college in Colorado (once I get my transfer degree). Can anyone tell me which colleges are best? I’ve done some research on UC and CSU, but I still really don’t know what the best choices are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
It all depends on what program you are interested in and why.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Business/Accounting is generally what I'm going for. I guess what matters to me in a college is the location and how well it's accredited.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,123,426 times
Well UCCS is still "growing" in all areas- buildings, young population/culture. I have attended UCCS for about 9 years now and it is gradually attracting a younger generation- but still not comparable to Boulder or Fort Collins. Good luck with your search!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 PM

147 posts, read 627,109 times
Default Unc

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionmaster20 View Post
Business/Accounting is generally what I'm going for. I guess what matters to me in a college is the location and how well it's accredited.

The University of Northern Colorado has one of the more highly regarded business programs (Monfort College of Business) in the state . It was the first college in Colorado to have all business programs AACSB accredited. I do know that their accounting program is especially successful; the majority of accounting majors pass the CPA exam on the first try.

UNC is located in Greeley which is not as highly touted as Fort Collins or Boulder on this forum. I lived there while doing my undergrad work many years ago and found the town to be not bad at all. I'm sure it's grown a lot since then, and commuting from Fort Collins would always be an option.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
I believe the Leeds School of Business at CU-Boulder is very highly rated. You need to get yourself a college guide book so you can look up accurate statistics. These guides are not the be-all and end-all, but they are helpful.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 PM

Alright! Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:26 AM

5 posts, read 12,734 times
If going to a private school is an option...I'd say The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is probably one of your best bets in Colorado.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:15 AM

673 posts, read 4,068,929 times
Have you looked into the Auraria campus in Denver and Metropolitan State College at Denver. They actually have three colleges on the campus (University of Colorado Denver, MSCD and Community College of Denver) they are located in downtown Denver just about half-mile south of the 16th street mall.

Its the largest campus in the state and Denver is Colorado premier city.

One thing I should note is the out-of state tuition rate for Colorado colleges is extremely, extremely high. They have alot of people who move here from other states and the state knows alot of those people are in their 20s and want to go to college and thus the out-of state tuition premium is extremely high for the first 12 months.

Overall, dont know about University of Colorado nice campus though that is for sure.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Overall, dont know about University of Colorado nice campus though that is for sure.
CU is the school that has a huge surcharge for out-of-state students. They charge the cost plus a little more, to make up for the state subsidies given to in-state students. It is possible to get state residency after a year if you are an adult. You can probably find out the details through the colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado