Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 07:54 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
There was an old time, well know saloon owner in NYC name of Toots Shore. He closed his bar every night at mid-night when he could have stayed open until 6am. He said if you have not done what you want to do by mid-might, give up and go home. Come back tomorrow night and try again. Personally I have no issues with closing bars at 2am. If you have not accomplished what you want by 2am....go home.
A lot of people don't even go out until midnight and Columbia typically has a late partying crowd, which is no surprise with an average age of 29.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 PM

421 posts, read 574,378 times
Hemingway’s in Irmo doesn’t close until everyone leaves. It’s open until 3-4am most nights

Old 06-01-2018, 08:05 AM

1,154 posts, read 956,742 times
One Five Points restaurant closes; another planning to open there no longer will

Jimmy John's closes on Devine; Macado's not coming to Blossom | The State

You know I'm getting real tired of Five Points residents sitting down everything that's planned to come because. They are afraid of increased traffic and nightlife.

Sorry old people but Five Points is a nightlife place. It's like these people don't want growth at all.

I agreed with them on the shutting down the owner Zaxbys but this :/ they are just as bad as the Vista Guild who talk about WE DON'T WANNA BE CHARLOTTE! thing Everytime there's a new development that could help increase density in Downtown Columbia in the Vista

Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,204 times
https://columbiasc.gov/depts/plannin...KT_2018Jun.pdf

Proposal for new hotel at Lincoln and Washington street.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:57 AM

1,154 posts, read 956,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
https://columbiasc.gov/depts/plannin...KT_2018Jun.pdf

Proposal for new hotel at Lincoln and Washington street.
Cute. If this goes through I can't wait to see it built

Old 06-13-2018, 03:48 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Looks like development is spreading northward in the Vista.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:32 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,669 times
Washington Street is Ripe for development

Old 06-15-2018, 02:43 PM

8,242 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
One Five Points restaurant closes; another planning to open there no longer will

Jimmy John's closes on Devine; Macado's not coming to Blossom | The State

You know I'm getting real tired of Five Points residents sitting down everything that's planned to come because. They are afraid of increased traffic and nightlife.

Sorry old people but Five Points is a nightlife place. It's like these people don't want growth at all.

I agreed with them on the shutting down the owner Zaxbys but this :/ they are just as bad as the Vista Guild who talk about WE DON'T WANNA BE CHARLOTTE! thing Everytime there's a new development that could help increase density in Downtown Columbia in the Vista

I dont get the sense that all of these folks want to shut down the nighlife.. Granted< I am sure many want little boutique stores, craft and wine shops that they can stroll past with their dogs on the weekends a la Devine Street>Rowdy Bars where people park in front of your house at 10pm and come back yelling and plastered at 2am littering, peeing in the pansies, barfing in the begonias, and defecating in the daffodils ...for when poor Mrs Brady comes out to tend to her garden and is greeted with these treasures... is what I think most of them are against

I am surprised that these same residents were against a parking garage which one would think would solve some of these issues in terms of the late night wake up calls from the streets....the infamous...."Wheeeeeeeew" call from frat boys and response from "whew!!!!" girls

Old 06-16-2018, 07:43 AM

757 posts, read 567,653 times
Looks like the new hotel will be delayed a bit. The article is a bit off as the vacant building looks to be one floor, not five. Also am I the only one that missed that there's a Holiday Inn planned right down the street from the Sheraton?

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/n...ernment/74641/

Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagarnet View Post
Looks like the new hotel will be delayed a bit. The article is a bit off as the vacant building looks to be one floor, not five. Also am I the only one that missed that there's a Holiday Inn planned right down the street from the Sheraton?

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/n...ernment/74641/
The Holiday Inn was announced a few months ago; they will be converting what was originally the Security Federal Building, a MCM mid-rise on Washington Street that's about 10 or 11 floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area