Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2023, 08:21 PM

273 posts, read 246,654 times

Advertisements

That’s what it is going to be. Surface parking for commuters and overflow parking for Campus Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 07:54 AM

273 posts, read 246,654 times
Does anyone know what’s being constructed in front of the DEW building on Taylor Street?

Old 05-17-2023, 06:42 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Default Wild wings vista bites the dust

Wild Wings Vista had gone really downhill the past five years so no surprise it just shuttered. You
think that spot gets snapped up soon, or stays in the market for a long time like the long vacant
Carolina Ale House?

Old 05-17-2023, 07:41 PM

403 posts, read 235,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Wild Wings Vista had gone really downhill the past five years so no surprise it just shuttered. You
think that spot gets snapped up soon, or stays in the market for a long time like the long vacant
Carolina Ale House?
Ale House is a mortgage company now

Old 05-18-2023, 08:01 AM

8,249 posts, read 13,375,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Carolina Ale House?
What happened to it? I went in there a few times years ago to watch Sunday football with friends when I was in town. There was nothing special about it.. I must admit.. just convenient for me as it was "intown". Same for Carolina Ale House.. I used to like their rooftop deck.. The food at both places was not memorable but the facilities/atmosphere were fine...LOL.. I guess I answered my own question.

Old 05-18-2023, 04:14 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,338,710 times
The franchisees of both were phoning it in the last few years but wild wings especially, floors were always super sticky

Old 05-19-2023, 12:10 PM

25 posts, read 12,430 times
I lived in Columbia, in Forest Acres, as a kid from 1967-70. My grandparents house was on Devine Street close to Incarnation Lutheran Church, and we spent a lot of time there. I remember going to a bakery in 5 Points that was awesome. It had a cookie type thing that was huge! It was round and literally the size of a dinner plate. My memories are that it was about 3/8 of an inch thick, was crispy, kinda had a glaze on it. If my brother and I behaved, my grandmother would take us down there for a treat. Anybody else remember that place, and it’s HUGE cookie?

Old 05-22-2023, 08:40 AM

8,249 posts, read 13,375,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
I lived in Columbia, in Forest Acres, as a kid from 1967-70. My grandparents house was on Devine Street close to Incarnation Lutheran Church, and we spent a lot of time there. I remember going to a bakery in 5 Points that was awesome. It had a cookie type thing that was huge! It was round and literally the size of a dinner plate. My memories are that it was about 3/8 of an inch thick, was crispy, kinda had a glaze on it. If my brother and I behaved, my grandmother would take us down there for a treat. Anybody else remember that place, and it’s HUGE cookie?
Do you remember the Cobb Family and the Tasty Bake Shop on Forest Drive just before you get to Providence Hospital going towards Downtown? Always one of may favorites as a kid.. We used to go to the hobby shop in Trenholm Plaza, Snipes Hobby on Taylor Street and Tons O Toys on Harden in Five Points.. Great Times...

You may or may not be familiar with this site.. But every now and then I look on it for nostalgia.. Though its getting harder and harder to find certain things

http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/

Old 05-23-2023, 09:06 PM

25 posts, read 12,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Do you remember the Cobb Family and the Tasty Bake Shop on Forest Drive just before you get to Providence Hospital going towards Downtown? Always one of may favorites as a kid.. We used to go to the hobby shop in Trenholm Plaza, Snipes Hobby on Taylor Street and Tons O Toys on Harden in Five Points.. Great Times...

You may or may not be familiar with this site.. But every now and then I look on it for nostalgia.. Though its getting harder and harder to find certain things

Columbia Closings
I don’t remember those people or places. I was under 10 years old though.

Old 10-01-2023, 07:09 PM

998 posts, read 540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Ale House is a mortgage company now
That's probably the saddest thing I've ever read. Of all things, a mortgage company :>(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area