Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 12:21 PM

8,230 posts, read 13,350,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
They only have 9 planes. Delays are going to likely be a regular problem with them.

Yikes.. sounds like a problem... one delayed flight or a pilot that overslept will certainly have a domino effect..and their reputation will follow..... This is how Air South aka Coble Airlines went under.....LOL

CAE short lived career as a HUB..right up there with ATL...LOL

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:20 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,845,173 times
I was looking at flights just to see how they were being booked for Via and I was happy to see seats sold out for the next two weeks, along with spring break already being sold out.

Old 01-03-2019, 05:09 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
I was looking at flights just to see how they were being booked for Via and I was happy to see seats sold out for the next two weeks, along with spring break already being sold out.
Ah, good news on my return back to the USA. When I left, Via was 2 hours late on their first flight.

In ATL now and getting ready to board the CRJ-9 to Columbia.

Think I'm done flying for a while lol

Old 01-04-2019, 11:08 AM

Lots of soldiers on the fight to Columbia. Is it like this all year round or is it just because it's around the holidays?

My flight had 4 empty seats until I think they let non-revenue/standby passengers on. Then it was full.

My sister who was traveling with me was on a later flight from ATL to CAE and she simply said it was "pretty full". Lots of soldiers on her flight as well.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Lots of soldiers on the fight to Columbia. Is it like this all year round or is it just because it's around the holidays?

My flight had 4 empty seats until I think they let non-revenue/standby passengers on. Then it was full.

My sister who was traveling with me was on a later flight from ATL to CAE and she simply said it was "pretty full". Lots of soldiers on her flight as well.
I have a feeling it’s both, also isn’t it graduation and entry time also.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:03 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,730,320 times
My Son and his wife coming to visit in late Jan. They checked prices 7 ways from silly and they will be coming and going from CLT. Of course good old Dad provides the transportation.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My Son and his wife coming to visit in late Jan. They checked prices 7 ways from silly and they will be coming and going from CLT. Of course good old Dad provides the transportation.
Not too surprised with Frontier competing with American has the prices down below $100, I would've done the same.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
Not too surprised with Frontier competing with American has the prices down below $100, I would've done the same.
Not sure who they are flying on nor the price but I know they checked prices 7 way from silly. BOS to CLT over the weekend.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Not sure who they are flying on nor the price but I know they checked prices 7 way from silly. BOS to CLT over the weekend.
As always, it just depends how much money was saved. Charlotte makes total sense if you live in the NE but if you live in the Irmo or Lexington area, I couldnt justify driving an hour and some change on a good day to and back from Charlotte just to save $100 or so. But everyone is different. It does help you’re picking them up though haha

I sometimes think Columbia’s airport would do better if it was just north of downtown in all of that open area to allow easier accessibility for those in our top heavy metro; then that would cause a little more development in that dead area between Irmo and the NE. Or heck, maybe we would have gotten a connector route between I-26 and I-77 that was proposed by SCDOT. Although overall, CAE isn’t located in a terrible spot as far as accessibility. Just for those in the NE, primarily. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 AM

I would not do it to save myself $100 but when more than one person, 3 in their case, the $300 means something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area