Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 945 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for any information about those who were building houses in the Summit in the late 1980's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 02:04 PM

8,235 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Schaperjahn View Post
I'm looking for any information about those who were building houses in the Summit in the late 1980's.

I would go to richlandonline.com and look at the ownership records.. if they don't go back that far.. then you may have to go to the Property Records office and pull the deed on one of the properties in the original development. If that only had the developer, then you need to get an old building permit from the County. I am not sure if the Summit has an HOA Office.. but they could be useful as well.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:53 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,132,552 times
Whoever it was, they built them cheap. I’m in the home improvement industry and we get a LOT of calls in the Summit for siding and window replacement. For a development that was marketed as “above entry level” and the relative “newness” of the homes, we shouldn’t be replacing such basic items yet. But we are. And a lot of them.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:08 AM

8,235 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Whoever it was, they built them cheap. I’m in the home improvement industry and we get a LOT of calls in the Summit for siding and window replacement. For a development that was marketed as “above entry level” and the relative “newness” of the homes, we shouldn’t be replacing such basic items yet. But we are. And a lot of them.

I do know that "the Front" of the Summit was built with many brick homes and under the moniker that it was to be a new type of community.. and for Columbia in the late 70s early 80s it was along with Harbison... I think in the 90s and early 2000s as they started to develop "the communities of Summit Ridge" and some of the other neighborhoods back closer to Hardscrabble that started to move away from brick and decent size lots with trees to the traditional suburban tract homes crammed together on a treeless moonscape with vinyl . I am certain some those homes built in the 90s and early 2000s were crap.. may are starting to show their age now... I would have thought the homes from the 80s in the original development would have been better? I also notice when you are heading to the Communities of Summit Ridge there is a huge sign announcing that you are leaving the Summit.. So it appears that the HOA is trying to put some distance/distinction between itself and some of the other adjacent areas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area