Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,669 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Well my apartment has increased my rent by about 200 more than what I used to pay so I am going to need to move. I am in a 1 bd apartment and they want to charge 1345 a month. This does include water and cable but I still cannot justify that or afford it! With apartments being so expensive now I have been thinking about possibly finding a home for rent. I am in currently in Blythewood so I would like to find something in NE columbia. My son is in a good school in this area. Of course most of the homes for rent in my range (under 1300) are in the downtown area or in hopkins, garners ferry rd areas and I know those are not very good. It is just me and my son so I dont need a big place.. If anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it. I have looked at colapro property management, turner properties, zillow, etc. Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 06:50 PM

746 posts, read 753,039 times
I am assuming you mean the properties you can afford are in areas in Richland One that are not zoned in the Dreher or AC Flora clusters, generally. You likely will not find anything downtown for that price, unless you look daily and search for single owner properties that are either a duplex or four plex. I was talking with someone the other day who lives at ”The Towers at Forest Acres, which is near AC Flora on betlline. They said their rent was about 1000 for a two bed one bath. I am pretty sure they are zoned for Brennen, Crayton and AC Flora, which are the best or tied with the Dreher cluster for schools. However, if you want to stay in Blythwood, I would call around for specials and stay in an apartment. Most of the houses up there are driven up in price by short term Fort Jackson folks who get a pretty decent housing allowance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area