Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 9,976 times

Advertisements

Hi, i've just moved back to SC, and is it easy to date white men, columbia?

Tiffany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,959,878 times
Interesting that you prefer only white men. But....Um, I don't think it's a problem in Columbia being that it has a large military training base. I see interracial couples all the time especially in the military aspect.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 9,976 times
Default Only Dating White men

Do you know that there's been talk shows done on this topic? Brothers never really like me, never had dates. white men, any other color and I've dated other races besides white, love me. They give me the respect I deserve, not just try to sleep with me, and run. Now i'm not saying white is right, by no means, I've just meshed better with other races. I went to a HBCU and I'm proud to be african american, but in life one likes what one likes. No, I don't hang around millitary bases, so I'm really not looking for someone how's in the Millitary.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 PM

135 posts, read 525,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocomariposa37 View Post
Do you know that there's been talk shows done on this topic? Brothers never really like me, never had dates. white men, any other color and I've dated other races besides white, love me. They give me the respect I deserve, not just try to sleep with me, and run. Now i'm not saying white is right, by no means, I've just meshed better with other races. I went to a HBCU and I'm proud to be african american, but in life one likes what one likes. No, I don't hang around millitary bases, so I'm really not looking for someone how's in the Millitary.
Speaking as an African-American male, I'll start by saying not all of us are the same, so don't give up on us,-j/k. But to answer your question, I think you'll be fine in Columbia with interracial dating. Cola is actually one of the more liberal areas in the state, which speaks a great deal for SC. It's another story in other parts. You sound like you know what you want, so it just may come to you. Good luck with everything.

Last edited by Charleston Class; 09-07-2008 at 11:50 PM..

Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,028,142 times
Quote:
We have biracial couples at our church as well and they are accepted just as any other couple is. I will say it seems more rare to see your situation (black woman/white man) than the flip (black man/white woman) from what I've observed here and when I lived in Ohio as well. Not exactly sure why that is. The only thing I can speak on from my dating years is that while I was open to dating black women before I met my wife, an obvious obstacle was there were much fewer black women than white in my schools or city where I grew up, and the few that I did know seemed kind of intimidating and tended to only date/seem interested in black men - so guess that combo together is why I never really pursued that route.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 PM

9 posts, read 74,561 times
In Columbia, S.C., to date White Men, exclusively, I believe you have to go to Military installations, predominantly white attended fund raisers like the Columbia Art Museum Annual Gala, and hang out in predominantly white areas like Five Points, and Forest Acres. Don't do anything that White People consider "Black Acting" such as talking loudly on your cell-phone in public, and dressing provocatively (tight Fitting, ill-fitting) clothes. I do not see a lot of Black Female/White Male Couples in Columbia, because this is a Republican State, and unfortunately, many white men see dating and marrying a Black Woman, as a step down socially. However, there are some white men who proudly display their beautiful black wives and girlfriends. Hopefully, you will become one of them! Good Luck!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:51 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
Quote:
If that's the case then you should be able to attract white men in this city as you have done any other.
Then y'll can have some nice exxotical babies!

Old 10-25-2013, 04:46 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,566,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbarbiedoll View Post
In Columbia, S.C., to date White Men, exclusively, I believe you have to go to Military installations, predominantly white attended fund raisers like the Columbia Art Museum Annual Gala, and hang out in predominantly white areas like Five Points, and Forest Acres. Don't do anything that White People consider "Black Acting" such as talking loudly on your cell-phone in public, and dressing provocatively (tight Fitting, ill-fitting) clothes. I do not see a lot of Black Female/White Male Couples in Columbia, because this is a Republican State, and unfortunately, many white men see dating and marrying a Black Woman, as a step down socially. However, there are some white men who proudly display their beautiful black wives and girlfriends. Hopefully, you will become one of them! Good Luck!
South Carolina may be a Republican state, but Columbia and Richland County are not and there are plenty of interracial couples. I can't imagine there being any issue.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:56 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
South Carolina may be a Republican state, but Columbia and Richland County are not and there are plenty of interracial couples. I can't imagine there being any issue.
I agree with this.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Most of the interracially couples I see are black men with a white women. Personally I find black women to be attractive. I think they hold their looks better as they age. Were I dating, I would be dating black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area