Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:30 PM

6 posts, read 19,662 times

Advertisements

Please don't think I am being sarcastic: We don't have scorpians, and if you can stand the heat in Dallas, you can make it here just fine. Lots of great housing developments in all of the areas, in many price ranges. One called Ascot, has homes starting in the 400's and has riding trails, and a high level of well maintained yards. Written up in national magazines. A fine place to live for your employees. If they don't have it in Columbia, you don't need it. You can find doctors here as fine as you could find at the Cleveland Clinic. I and NOT kidding. The cancer hospital here brought my 83 year old mother through non-hodgkins B cell lymphoma, in spite of agressive chemo that did not even get her sick due to their advanced skills and abilities, not to mention emotional support. Any of my friends that have had breast cancer, are 5 year survivors if treated here. If you move here, I can give you the names of the great ones. Please don't bring any illegal aliens with ya, and only hire ENGLISH speaking employees and we will welcome you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,922,294 times
Hey, GreenOne, a solar company is going to do a seminar at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, South Carolina's only downtown convention center (We didn't want our convention center to create sprawl). I thought you might be interested. Columbia is striving to be green.

Also, there are lots of hiking trails, paved and unpaved, around the Columbia area. The Palmetto Trail runs through the heart of downtown. Columbia is within easy and quick driving distance to all of the state's hiking and biking trails. The Three Rivers Greenway is an urban stretch of trails along the banks of the Congaree and Broad Rivers, and the banks of the Saluda River have trails, too.

I'm not sure about private boat docks. You could google Lake Murray.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Last edited by Charlestondata; 07-10-2010 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area