Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 17,587 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to the Columbia area and we're looking to rent for the first year while we determine exactly where we want to live.

Does anyone know of a website (other than craigslist) that lists rental houses in Lake Carolina?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 17,587 times
Thanks so much, sportsgal! I really appreciate it.

It's tough trying to find a place to live when you're 3000 miles away. This helps a lot!

Thanks again ... and if you find any others, please feel free to send them my way.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:54 AM

124 posts, read 528,843 times
You're welcome, and I understand the difficulty. We searched from 500 miles away last year. We did the same thing--rented for a year while deciding where to buy, and we're glad we did. We're currently near downtown but are under contract for a Forest Acres home. We checked out Lake Carolina, and I was up there last weekend for their community-wide yard sale. It's very nice, but the traffic is a bit too much for us.

If you have children (especially elementary-aged), be sure to thoroughly research schools. I know that Lake Carolina Elementary is a bit overcrowded and some neighborhoods in Lake Carolina are being rezoned for a different elementary school. Caused quite a bit of hubbub last year, but I've heard the other elementary school is very good.

Best of luck.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 9,460 times
You can try: reator.com and fsbo.com and militarybyowner.com

Old 05-03-2010, 02:46 PM

146 posts, read 522,100 times
Try sending a PM to Brandon Hoffman... He's a realtor in the area.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,206 times
there are no listings and none listed for rent at least in my neighborhood but LOTS that are able to be rented because they have been on market for awhile.
I recommend you drive through and call. Its worth it. We came here and rented and we love it.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 24,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancrosby View Post
are there any duplex or 3-4 apartment complexes for rent? 2 BR max.
Prefer attached laundry (if apartment).
rent 500-700 and in lake carolina area. Pls give some insights. Property consultants are all>1000.
Tks.

Last edited by tkul; 07-15-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,539 times
we are going to be stationed in Ft Jackson and really like what I have seen sofar about the Lake Carolina community...how are the nationalities in Lake Carolina....since Ft Jackson is only 10 miles/minutes away not quite sure right now aobut that anyway..I was wondering if there are europeans...italiens..germans...british etc. living there...just wondering how the people living there are towards other nationalties in Lake Carolina if they are treated the same, just tolerated or just simply not wanted....thanks...there is a lot of points in favor for Lake Carolina...but if Europeans are not liked than we would rather go and look into buying somewhere else...since we don't want to to the whole rental and than buy thing this time...thanks for any honest information...also I'm trying to figure out which housing zone/area includes the lake carolina elementary school....

Last edited by htasha76; 09-15-2010 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 08:09 AM

435 posts, read 1,531,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htasha76 View Post
we are going to be stationed in Ft Jackson and really like what I have seen sofar about the Lake Carolina community...how are the nationalities in Lake Carolina....since Ft Jackson is only 10 miles/minutes away not quite sure right now aobut that anyway..I was wondering if there are europeans...italiens..germans...british etc. living there...just wondering how the people living there are towards other nationalties in Lake Carolina if they are treated the same, just tolerated or just simply not wanted....thanks...there is a lot of points in favor for Lake Carolina...but if Europeans are not liked than we would rather go and look into buying somewhere else...since we don't want to to the whole rental and than buy thing this time...thanks for any honest information...also I'm trying to figure out which housing zone/area includes the lake carolina elementary school....
htasha - I think you will be very happy with Lake Carolina regarding your concerns. I live in Lake Carolina and this is a VERY diverse community, and it is nearly all composed of out-of-state and out-of-country transplants. Honestly this is one of the most "outsider"-friendly neighborhoods in all of the Columbia area, since just about everyone is an "outsider". There are many Europeans in Lake Carolina, partially because many Army folks stationed at Ft. Jackson who happen to live here have European or other foreign spouses. One of our previous neighbors behind us was an Army guy whose wife was German - they were a normal part of the community as anyone else. You will also occasionally see European license plates and/or oval stckers on cars from folks moving (back) from overseas. I assure you that you will likely have zero problems integrating into Lake Carolina. As an Army family with a European side, you will fit right in - just about anywhere in Northeast Columbia (where most Ft. Jackson folks live), but especially in Lake Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area