Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,880,106 times

Advertisements

details coming soon... CutBait Music Fesitval
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,705,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
details coming soon... CutBait Music Fesitval
Very cool. Hopefully some solid acts will be coming.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 AM

178 posts, read 210,951 times
Looks like the luster has worn off the Whitewater already.
Most locals I have spoke to will either be on vacation,never heard of the bands or did not even know it was scheduled for the middle of June.
This is by no means a music FESTIVAL....
As usual uptown goes cheap expecting to bring in thousands of people with pockets bulging with cash.
Some things just never change and are so predictable locally.
Local moneybags need to wake up and realize that young folks are not that stupid and want something of value for their hard earned money.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:35 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,880,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Reporter View Post
Looks like the luster has worn off the Whitewater already.
Most locals I have spoke to will either be on vacation,never heard of the bands or did not even know it was scheduled for the middle of June.
This is by no means a music FESTIVAL....
As usual uptown goes cheap expecting to bring in thousands of people with pockets bulging with cash.
Some things just never change and are so predictable locally.
Local moneybags need to wake up and realize that young folks are not that stupid and want something of value for their hard earned money.
They explained on their Facebook page that this year's "festival" was not a festival and more of a showcase of artists. They're calling it "CUTBAIT MUSIC presents..." [insert artists here] but they also included that they plan on bringing back the full-fledged festival next year.

I don't think whitewater has worn off by any means. It's been a great investment in Columbus' future and I think it's going to surprise some people.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
They explained on their Facebook page that this year's "festival" was not a festival and more of a showcase of artists. They're calling it "CUTBAIT MUSIC presents..." [insert artists here] but they also included that they plan on bringing back the full-fledged festival next year.

I don't think whitewater has worn off by any means. It's been a great investment in Columbus' future and I think it's going to surprise some people.
Exactly. Thanks for the clarification Amyers3.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:57 AM

I agree with both of you.
Funniest thing is they are promoting this as 2014 Cutbait Festival on the website!!....lol
15 no name bands in 2 days is a festival?
I think it IS going to surprise some people as it is pretty obvious that whatever they call Cutbait it is not working.
How can they bring something back next year that did little or nothing last year.
Why in the second year of the booming whitewater investment would you go from festival to cutbait music presents?....Cmon guys.
I can appreciate their efforts with whitewater but lets be real it was promoted wayyyy over the top for what it is and will never attain the levels they predicted.
How many events locally have been promoted as the best thing since sliced bread and slowly faded away?

Last edited by Citizen Reporter; 06-03-2014 at 11:12 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM

183 posts, read 256,748 times
I guess I'm an old fart. I've never heard of a single one of those bands... which of course doesn't mean anything. Maybe some of them are good!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 PM

322 posts, read 606,700 times
Citizen, let's give it more than 18 months before we declare it a bust. Your kidding yourself if you think things haven't gotten better and are continuing to get better. They nearly doubled their projections on the the number of rafters.

Georgia Trends said it best - we have to go from the place people spend a few hours in to the place where people stay the weekend.

Buildings downtown that have sat vacant for 6 or 7 years have recently sold in the last 3 months....we're rising

Old 06-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
Citizen, let's give it more than 18 months before we declare it a bust. Your kidding yourself if you think things haven't gotten better and are continuing to get better. They nearly doubled their projections on the the number of rafters.

Georgia Trends said it best - we have to go from the place people spend a few hours in to the place where people stay the weekend.

Buildings downtown that have sat vacant for 6 or 7 years have recently sold in the last 3 months....we're rising
Excellent post. Btw, the rooftop bar downtown is opening a restaurant on the 1st floor. It will be called The Social. The opening should happen within the next 2-3 weeks. It will be similar to Tin Lizzys and Pure in Atlanta. Downtown is doing amazing right now.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post

I don't think time will be the issue but rather the haphazard promotions to bring more out of towners to the city that will be the final nail in the coffin.
Competition for leisure dollars is at an all time high and it will take real money to get folks to spend the little off time they have these days in the city for whatever reason.
The options being offered are just not enough.
Look at the one shot deal Callaway Gardens had recently with an ill prepared fall festival at their location.
It lasted one year and was a total bust.
The last chance the city had to build a rep was with the Riverfest/Pig *** that toted some real entertainment and got little to no support from locals who complained about prices etc.
Downtown/Uptown was renewed only because the owners had to either bring them up to code or tear them down and had little choice.
The turnover rate in uptown club ownership has been extremely high for an area that is supposedly booming.
Who would sell out that many times if they are making piles of money?
Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA