Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM

463 posts, read 520,537 times

Advertisements

Woodruff is building another stirag center in lakeside village nex to chik Fila.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM

2019 has started off pretty good as far as new projects. Hopefully the trend continues!

Old 04-29-2019, 05:36 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,857,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
Woodruff is building another stirag center in lakeside village nex to chik Fila.
That's surprising to me. To the left of Chicken Salad Chick?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
That's surprising to me. To the left of Chicken Salad Chick?
Yeah. Not the lot facing the street but the one tight behind it.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 AM

967 posts, read 1,074,526 times
Five Below coming to Columbus, and six other businesses on the way

A lot of these have already been discued here, although I haven't heard the Jazzy Crab mentioned

I did find this article talking about it though

New Seafood Restaurant To Include Live Jazz Bands And Atlanta Feel

It's described as having cajun seafood and live jazz. It looks like we have been getting a lot of new seafood places recently and within the last few years.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:49 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
Five Below coming to Columbus, and six other businesses on the way

A lot of these have already been discued here, although I haven't heard the Jazzy Crab mentioned

I did find this article talking about it though

It's described as having cajun seafood and live jazz. It looks like we have been getting a lot of new seafood places recently and within the last few years.
Interesting article! Thanks.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:44 PM

311 posts, read 258,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Good use of that space. Columbus is rocking. Now only if we could get the old Sears location redeveloped.
Did BJ's Wholesale fall through?

Belk would be a good fit...but I somehow doubt it. Does anyone know why Belk has avoided Columbus? Are the rumors of a "gentleman's agreement" between Belk and the former Kirven's department store valid?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:36 AM

967 posts, read 1,074,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post

Belk would be a good fit...but I somehow doubt it. Does anyone know why Belk has avoided Columbus? Are the rumors of a "gentleman's agreement" between Belk and the former Kirven's department store valid?
Hopefully not. My guess is they decided to go to Midland Commons, which I think would be a better location since they can build to suit there and it isn't across the street from Sam's Club. I haven't seen a for lease sign on the Sears building and someone here mentioned a tenant may be locating an entertainment center there.

As for Belk I've wondered that for years myself.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:19 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASwift View Post

This isn't your grandfather's Columbus---by a LONG SHOT! People nationally, but particularly Atlanta, are finally "discovering" Columbus! And investing here! Bj's and Belk should be contacted directly by someone from our Chamber, etc., and see what's going on! The same goes for contacting Costco, Bass Pro/Cabela's, etc. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I have a sense that Columbus is about to take off. Getting one or more of these outfits here will send a strong signal to others, that we want more choices!

Old 05-03-2019, 02:37 PM

176 posts, read 157,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
This isn't your grandfather's Columbus---by a LONG SHOT! People nationally, but particularly Atlanta, are finally "discovering" Columbus! And investing here! Bj's and Belk should be contacted directly by someone from our Chamber, etc., and see what's going on! The same goes for contacting Costco, Bass Pro/Cabela's, etc. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I have a sense that Columbus is about to take off. Getting one or more of these outfits here will send a strong signal to others, that we want more choices!
Pretty interesting you say that. I saw this article a few days ago about the new restaurant coming to The Landings. This quote really stood out.

“While McMichael is looking to fill a void in the area he sees a lot of potential in the Columbus market. "I believe Columbus is a gold mine. This is Georgia's best kept secret and it is on the cusp of a major growth boom," says McMichael while hinting at the enormous opportunity he sees in the Columbus market.”

It agrees with your statement that Columbus is being discovered and had a lot of potential. This guy found Columbus because of his girlfriend stationed at Fort Benning.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA