Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 07:30 AM

967 posts, read 1,074,526 times

Advertisements

I passed by where Atlanta Bread Company was located and I noticed there was an open sign lit up. I didn't get a good look at it but there was a poster board in the window mentioning Willy's Wings so I'm guessing they moved there.

I knew the spot will be fill quickly, but I was hoping for something new and there's already at least 4 wing places nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM

161 posts, read 170,659 times
I drove by the closed ABC location and it was empty with no signs in any of the windows. I also had lunch at Willys Wings and they are not moving. Strange..

Last edited by HighTechCountryBoy; 02-08-2017 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCountryBoy View Post
I drove by the closed ABC location and it was empty with no signs in any of the windows. I also lunch lunch at Willys Wings and they are not moving. Strange..
I did see some signs up about Willy's hiring but they were taped two a Coke machine down by Traditions.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCountryBoy View Post
I drove by the closed ABC location and it was empty with no signs in any of the windows. I also lunch lunch at Willys Wings and they are not moving. Strange..
That's weird, It was just a paper sign on the window and it said something about hiring. I wonder if they were using the space to interviews or something.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM

161 posts, read 170,659 times
I guess it was probably for Willys Mexican right up the road. I Will be surprised if it stays vacant for very long.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:23 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times
Quote:
Brad Andries, who is chef and co-owner of River & Rail in the 1200 block of Broadway, came to Columbus as a child with his father, Kenneth, who owned a potato chip company.

“Columbus, Georgia, is Tom’s to me,” he said of the local snack food company that was purchased by Lance. “It is nothing else.”

Then he laughs.

“I can remember opening a bag of Bugles that was so fresh off the line there was steam coming out,” Andries, 32, said of the childhood memory of Columbus.

He is now preparing to make more memories as he opens River & Rail next week with owner Leah Foley. The nearly 100-seat restaurant — 60 inside and 36 in a rear outdoor dining room — will open on Valentine’s Day for those with reservations. It will hold a “soft opening” where reservations are strongly encouraged for the remainder of the next week. It officially opens on Feb. 21.

Leah and her husband, Frank Foley IV, have spent the last year preparing to open the restaurant in the restored downtown building.

“We searched high and low for a chef,” Leah Foley said. “We wanted to partner with somebody who shared the same vision as us and really had a diverse experience, which Brad does.”

Frank Foley owned several restaurants in Los Angeles before returning to his hometown more than a year ago.

Andries, raised in Baton Rouge, La., has worked in the food service industry in places ranging from Charleston, S.C., to Milan. He most recently was executive chef at Sac-a-lait in New Orleans’ Warehouse District.

Read more here: River & Rail Restaurant set to open in downtown Columbus | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
River & Rail Restaurant set to open in downtown Columbus | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

Old 02-10-2017, 07:17 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times
Quote:
The city is set to build a $1 million plaza at the entrance to the Frank Martin Pedestrian Bridge, to be known as the Mott’s Green Plaza, where the old Mott House stood until it burned down in 2014.

The Georgia Department of Transportation is paying $800,000 of the costs and the city will pick up the other $200,000, according to an agreement the Columbus Council approved in December.

The local 20 percent match will come from the Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax discretionary funds and is already budgeted in the fiscal 2017 Capital Improvement Program.

The project will relocate and rehabilitate current masonry monuments on the site, add a covered 60-foot long bridge to be built out over the river that commemorates both Horace King and “The Last Battle” of the Civil War, and add new paving design to align the pass through under the bridge with the Chattahoochee RiverWalk.

Council voted 9-0 (with Councilor Mimi Woodson absent) in December to move forward with the project.

Read more here: The city is set to build a $1 million plaza at the entrance to the Frank Martin Pedestrian Bridge, to be known as the Mott
The city is set to build a $1 million plaza at the entrance to the Frank Martin Pedestrian Bridge, to be known as the Mott

Old 02-10-2017, 08:41 PM

42 posts, read 75,659 times
Hi everyone.....I have a couple of quick questions:
1. Is a Costco or Super Target ever coming here?
2. Has anyone heard if there are any companies looking at the land across the street from the Tractor Supply in Midland?
3. Does anyone have an update on Papa Murphys?
4. Has anyone heard of Which Wich coming?
Thanks!

Old 02-11-2017, 05:13 PM

1) Costco is planning to come. Nothing official yet but rumors say late this year or it could possible be in 2018. Of course they are just rumored so far. I've heard of plans for Target in Phenix City at River Chase. I think it's just rumored so far.
2) That's where Costco is rumored to be looking at. From what I've heard I get the feeling though that they are trying to get something more on central north part of Columbus though.
3) They are confirmed to be coming, but other than what's been posted on here no new news.
4) I don't recall hearing anything about that.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:38 PM

427 posts, read 551,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
1) Costco is planning to come. Nothing official yet but rumors say late this year or it could possible be in 2018. Of course they are just rumored so far. I've heard of plans for Target in Phenix City at River Chase. I think it's just rumored so far.
2) That's where Costco is rumored to be looking at. From what I've heard I get the feeling though that they are trying to get something more on central north part of Columbus though.
3) They are confirmed to be coming, but other than what's been posted on here no new news.
4) I don't recall hearing anything about that.

1.) That is the first "update" I have heard in a while... lol
2.) Exactly where in central North Columbus would they build a warehouse??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA