Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 08:14 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1999 View Post
Pretty interesting you say that. I saw this article a few days ago about the new restaurant coming to The Landings. This quote really stood out.

“While McMichael is looking to fill a void in the area he sees a lot of potential in the Columbus market. "I believe Columbus is a gold mine. This is Georgia's best kept secret and it is on the cusp of a major growth boom," says McMichael while hinting at the enormous opportunity he sees in the Columbus market.”

It agrees with your statement that Columbus is being discovered and had a lot of potential. This guy found Columbus because of his girlfriend stationed at Fort Benning.

New Seafood Restaurant To Include Live Jazz Bands And Atlanta Feel
Wow! Columbus1999 you made my day...actually evening...with your comment---especially with the quote!!
I'd like to think "great minds" at work! :-) I truly believe that Columbus IS Georgia's best kept secret!! And will be even better when Historic Westville opens on South Lumpkin Rd.

Columbus always has a lot going on, and interesting places to see. The Columbus Botanical Garden at 3603 Weems Rd. is a local "best kept secret!" Nice and peaceful, but not promoted nearly as much as it should be! If you go, take a picnic basket, stroll the grounds, and enjoy the peace and quiet. www.columbusbotanicalgarden.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 06:03 AM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Wow! Columbus1999 you made my day...actually evening...with your comment---especially with the quote!!
I'd like to think "great minds" at work! :-) I truly believe that Columbus IS Georgia's best kept secret!! And will be even better when Historic Westville opens on South Lumpkin Rd.

Columbus always has a lot going on, and interesting places to see. The Columbus Botanical Garden at 3603 Weems Rd. is a local "best kept secret!" Nice and peaceful, but not promoted nearly as much as it should be! If you go, take a picnic basket, stroll the grounds, and enjoy the peace and quiet. www.columbusbotanicalgarden.org
If anyone has not been yet there's even more to the botanical garden than appears from just driving by. There is a path that leads through wooded gardens and a few fountains back there too. I had been to the botanical gardens several times and I had no idea those trails were there until my wife discovered it a few years ago!

Old 05-07-2019, 07:44 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
If anyone has not been yet there's even more to the botanical garden than appears from just driving by. There is a path that leads through wooded gardens and a few fountains back there too. I had been to the botanical gardens several times and I had no idea those trails were there until my wife discovered it a few years ago!
DW you gave me a great idea! I think the Botanical Garden should create a nice large sign out front on Weems that diagrams a nice layout of the entire Garden area! This would entice more people to check it out!!

Hopefully, Botanical Garden folks will see this---and act accordingly! I would also make sure that the Garden is mentioned every week in the Ledger-Enquirer's "Things to Do" Section.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:27 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times
I finally saw where Juicy Seafood is going- it's taking over the restaurant across from Krispy Kreme! Glad to see it getting reused! I won't eat there, but I wish them well.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:19 AM

176 posts, read 157,328 times
Minnie’s Uptown expanded restaurant opens today.

“The wait is over for a much anticipated southern-style dining restaurant to open near the Columbus Park Crossing shopping development. The business has announced through its social media presence that it will host its grand opening on Thursday, May 16, 2019.

Doctor Warns: Carbs Are Likely Not The Problem (This is)
The Chicken Lady's Coop is a branch off of a popular Uptown Columbus eatery, Minnie's Uptown Restaurant. While Minnie's Uptown has been a delightful treat of Columbus for decades with not only great southern dishes but also a true hospitable nature of the southern charm at its side. A new branch of the restaurant is opening in one of the most vibrant parts of the city.

The Chicken Lady's Coop will open its doors at 7:00 a.m. on Thursday at its new location at 6597 Whittlesey Road Suite B in Columbus. That is attached to the new Falcon Fuel Station and directly across from Academy Sports and Outdoors.

Unlike Minnie's Uptown which only stays open for a few hours each day. The Chicken Lady's Coop will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast will be served from 7:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and lunch will be from 10:45-4:45 p.m. Finally dinner will be served from 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.

A diverse menu is in store for visitors to the new business which includes entrees, sides, salads, and desserts. Daily menu specials will be available also each day.

The Chicken Lady's Coop becomes the latest business to open in a rapidly developing area of Whittlesey Road. Several new businesses have opened in the area over the past year to include; Academy Sports and Outdoors, Fazoli's, Old Chicago Pizza, and the Falcon Fuel Station. The Chicken Lady's Coop will bring a unique style of foods and flavors not seen in other businesses in the Columbus Park Crossing area of the city.”

New Southern-Style Restaurant To Open In North Columbus Thursday

Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
The massive roundabout at River Rd. and Bradley Park is officially starting. It will take 3 months to complete. Do we really need something like that there? I would rather use those dollars to expand other roads.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:29 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
That's needed. Traffic backs up every morning & evening around that intersection and the way it's designed with two protected right turns which won't have cars entering the circle which are travelling south on River Rd to Green Island Dr and cars travelling north on River Rd to Bradley Park will really help flow.

My wish list is for one at River Rd and the JR Allen offramp and marina road one day. Left turning traffic backs up so bad on the offramp.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:13 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times
I read today that GDOT is going to put a diamond interchange at Bradley Park & JR Allen. Yikes! Example below

Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
I read today that GDOT is going to put a diamond interchange at Bradley Park & JR Allen. Yikes!
These are super efficient. The Ashford Dunwoody diamond at 285 in Dunwoody has been a game changer. How soon will they start? We all know road expansion moves at a snails pace here.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
The construction time for that will be rough, but afterwards diamond exchanges are the best and that intersection is historically pretty dangerous.

Luckily the roundabout at the other end of BPD will be finished by the time this project starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA