Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,562 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

I'll be working at MACH as an independent contractor. I do have some questions:

1. Looking for a nice apartment near FB. Would prefer quick access to the highway or into MACH (don't like to spend too long driving to and from work). Any suggestions?

2. Are there any good gyms in the area?

3. What is the best/preferred internet company in town?

4. I'm 37y/o M. Enjoy soccer. Are there any places where there are pick up games. I can't make any commitments to organized games - yet.

Thank you for your Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
Any where really isnt too far from Ft Benning, unless you go to northern end of Harris county or farther. Do have a nice Soccer complex and think they have pick up games between league seasons. When my kids use to play kiddy soccer use to see the hispanic community playing on bigger fields. And know one of the Mexican restaurant, has/had a league team. El Carrizo is name of the place.

Internet is really determined where you live in Columbus. They kinda divided it up by regions, with all the companies. I had mediacom , ATT, and knology when I lived in city limits. If you not big online gamer, I would say ATT. They seemed best to me, but switched to Mediacom, mainly because, at time they offered high speeds needed for my kids games. But for what I used it for (surfing web, emails, and reading) , ATT was just as good, if not little better IMO.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:07 PM

11 posts, read 13,729 times
I don't know how helpful I'll be but I'll give it a shot...

1. As far as I've heard, apartments in general are fairly expensive due to high demand from all the soldiers and their families who choose not to live on base. In Columbus, the nicer apartments that I know of are all on the north side of town, so that adds a little time to your commute but depending on which one you end up living in most are fairly close to JR Allen if not also I-185 so it shouldn't be too bad. Closer to Ft. Benning you'd have to ask someone else b/c I really don't know.

2. Again, little experience here but I have heard good things about Max Fitness (two locations I think). There is a new gym called Planet Fitness on Manchester Expressway so that one is probably nice due to it being new. Also there are a few crossfit locations if you're into that as well as plenty of other trainers and gyms.

3. I have Charter and the internet is great as far as speed and reliability. Customer service is lacking but that's what you get with a top 10 internet provider because it's so big. WOW recently bought Knology which was a big one here and my parents have that and they seem to be pleased with it. We have it at work and it is fine but will go out every now and then. WOW is big on customer service though so if that's important they will be attractive. Otherwise I don't really know and obviously who you can get depends on where you live.

4. I don't know for sure but I think I have heard that people play pick up games out at the Woodruff Farms soccer complex out on the northeast side of town, but don't hold me to that.

I know these aren't too terribly helpful but hopefully you will get some replies from people more knowledgeable than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: