Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2022, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,789 times

Advertisements

https://share.newsbreak.com/2nqgppgh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 09:55 AM

215 posts, read 217,839 times
If they do replace it, its design needs to be taken into seriously considerations. Make it architecturally pleasing, something to look at that is kind of decorative. One of the previous mayors said that the 13st bridge design should have been designed more uniquely than a plain bridge.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:00 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,530,189 times
Overall, Georgia need to step it up when it comes to "appeal" lol
If it were up to me- Victory Drive would be a limited access expressway with service roads alongside it.

Old 12-29-2022, 01:51 PM

85 posts, read 64,297 times
Yea I would definitely like to see Victory Drive as an expressway with service roads. I saw something a couple years ago in a GDOT traffic study about the feasibility of that but I can’t find it anywhere now.

Old 12-29-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusga youngster View Post
Yea I would definitely like to see Victory Drive as an expressway with service roads. I saw something a couple years ago in a GDOT traffic study about the feasibility of that but I can’t find it anywhere now.
I'm eager to search for it now.
I was always rooting for the 2nd Ave connector, Victory, or Veterans as Expressways.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:19 AM

175 posts, read 127,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
I'm eager to search for it now.
I was always rooting for the 2nd Ave connector, Victory, or Veterans as Expressways.
Yeah, that would definitely help with the economic development of South Columbus. Victory Dr practically setup like an expressway now, even with the pedestrian bridge going across! The Elliots Walk Development though is going to be nice I’m sure once completed. That’s going to create more residential/retail mixed used fronts popping up in that area thank God. And with the completion of the new stadium they can hopefully workout something with GHSA to have the high school football/soccer playoff games hosted here as well.

Old 01-03-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheCity View Post
Yeah, that would definitely help with the economic development of South Columbus. Victory Dr practically setup like an expressway now, even with the pedestrian bridge going across! The Elliots Walk Development though is going to be nice I’m sure once completed. That’s going to create more residential/retail mixed used fronts popping up in that area thank God. And with the completion of the new stadium they can hopefully workout something with GHSA to have the high school football/soccer playoff games hosted here as well.
I actually just drove through Columbus over the holiday- took a ride down Victory as well.
It was great the see the corridor live.
I'd say that Victory could be something like Peachtree Industrial in Atlanta or Anacostia Fwy in DC.
Attached Thumbnails
Oglethorpe Bridge replacement-capturepeachtreeind.jpg   Oglethorpe Bridge replacement-captureanicostiafw.jpg  

Old 01-03-2023, 01:26 PM

215 posts, read 217,839 times
I think veterans would be an excellent candidate to turn into an expressway inbetween 54st and Talbotton Rd. There is already a side roads that could be turn into access roads.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesjb131 View Post
I think veterans would be an excellent candidate to turn into an expressway inbetween 54st and Talbotton Rd. There is already a side roads that could be turn into access roads.
I also believe that Veterans would make a great expressway- with a junctions at 185- maybe stop close to Peidmont
Victory would also complete the concept for Phenix City
Since the road on that end of the river is already set up as an expressway.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:50 AM

783 posts, read 1,161,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusga youngster View Post
Good idea, at least similar to what is done on the same stretch of road on over into Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA