Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM

913 posts, read 2,984,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
Good morning courier23, masterbucket or Columbusattorney, whatever you go by these days; this must be the data that you were trying to post.
Hahaha the best post yet! You are so right JLA. This guy is hilarious. So convenient how Masterbucket disappears, then Courier23 disappears, and guess who.....Columbusattorney appears talking the EXACT same thing. I love it!

Last edited by MB2; 06-17-2009 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: offensive word for some...keep it civil. Shall we ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 01:55 PM

913 posts, read 2,984,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbusattorney View Post
Thanks for post clarification...
Atlcol1 was claiming unemployment rates are the same statewide which is ridiculous.
Metro Dalton unemployment rate in October was 8.9 and was predicted to be 10% by January according to DOL.
I will have to check to see what current rate is when I have a chance.
(just checked BLS site updated on 1/6/2009 showing Dalton at 10.4 at this time which is obviously not the same rate statewide as per atlcol1)

A bit confused with the different member names though.
If you read my post "O Wise One", you will have read that I said "just about the same". There you go again putting words in other people's mouths. You must have trouble comprehending things.....sounds a lot like Courier23 and good ole Masterbucket who have not graced our presence since you showed up.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:27 PM

201 posts, read 540,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
If you read my post "O Wise One", you will have read that I said "just about the same". There you go again putting words in other people's mouths. You must have trouble comprehending things.....sounds a lot like Courier23 and good ole Masterbucket who have not graced our presence since you showed up.
Just about the same?
They aren't even close.
I have to give you credit though for as many times as you have had your face rubbed into the floor and been wrong you still try to come back.
I haven't seen a post on your behalf in quite a while....guess you lost out

Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 AM

201 posts, read 540,773 times
Georgia, famous for its peaches and peanuts, has gained a reputation of late for a far less admirable trait: the problem bank.

Of the 34 American banks to fail in the past year, six were based in Georgia, placing the Peach State behind only California in the race for the nation’s bank failure capital. Florida is a distant third with three failures.

And no state comes close to challenging Georgia when it comes to banks in danger of going under, according to a recent analysis that aims to gauge how likely banks are to face insolvency. Georgia has 42 banks on the list — up from 26 three months earlier — followed by Illinois with 15.
It’s a startlingly poor showing experts blame on a tangled web of factors, from the sheer number of banks crowding the marketplace to risky lending practices that saw many banks concentrate their loans in one area: real estate development.
None of it mattered when times were good. Profits rolled in, borrowers paid their debts on time, investors got rich. But after the economy collapsed, the business model imploded. Bad loans mounted, earnings nose-dived, deposits dried up.
“It worked for a while, and then the music stopped,” said Jon Burke, an Atlanta banking consultant. The problem, he said, “really has to do with way too much commercial banking money — generally speaking, small banks — chasing one little piece of the market, which is residential real estate.”

Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM

970 posts, read 2,950,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Mike View Post
that very bad news for Georgia. Im not from columbus or ever been there but we need Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Athens and Augusta to grow. When that happens Georgia could be mentioned with Ohio, Penn, Florida and Texas.
Huh? Georgia is the 9th largest state. It should already be mentioned with those other ones....

Old 02-16-2009, 05:08 PM

841 posts, read 1,401,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Huh? Georgia is the 9th largest state. It should already be mentioned with those other ones....
Its so when everything seem to be drawn to Atlanta like a magnet, the only way that happen is the state of Ga would have to put Atlanta on a growth restriction to deviate growth to other parts of the state.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:34 AM

88 posts, read 205,590 times
Wednesday, Jul. 08, 2009

Florida investment group sues Synovus

Lawsuit claims company did not properly disclose losses tied to troubled resort firm Sea Island Co

Posting of lawsuit available on Columbus Ledger page....
More facts.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM

53 posts, read 143,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyCasonga View Post
Wednesday, Jul. 08, 2009

Florida investment group sues Synovus

Lawsuit claims company did not properly disclose losses tied to troubled resort firm Sea Island Co

Posting of lawsuit available on Columbus Ledger page....
More facts.

More bad news for Synovus and the city.
I think there has been quite a few under the table issues going on in Columbus for many years that seems to be coming to the surface more and more.
God only knows what downtown will turn into in the coming months.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,097,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
I think NY, Florida, and Texas are on their own island at the top.

I think Georgia should be mentioned with Penn, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, NC, NJ, and VA though.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 AM

98 posts, read 229,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltersplace View Post
More bad news for Synovus and the city.
I think there has been quite a few under the table issues going on in Columbus for many years that seems to be coming to the surface more and more.
God only knows what downtown will turn into in the coming months.
I agree as this is another major step backwards for the city especially being a large employer(one of a very few left).
I understand they are putting more students in those terrible temporary storage units for school again this fall and they haven't even adjusted for the BRAC children....unbelievable.
They just keep asking for more of our hard earned dollars and love to spend other folks cash on friviolous ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA