Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 PM

121 posts, read 544,035 times

Advertisements

What are the worst zip codes to live in Columbus? What are some nice zip codes near seventh day adventist churches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 PM

30 posts, read 167,621 times
I don't think the neighborhoods depend very much on zip code. It seems like one neighborhood could be good, but you go a street over and it gets sketchy.
Also, what makes you think neighborhoods by your church will be nice?
I think your assumptions are faulty. Find a realtor, tell them what's important to you in a neighborhood and a home & let them do the work for you

Old 08-18-2007, 12:07 PM

121 posts, read 544,035 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaTate View Post
I don't think the neighborhoods depend very much on zip code. It seems like one neighborhood could be good, but you go a street over and it gets sketchy.
Also, what makes you think neighborhoods by your church will be nice?
I think your assumptions are faulty. Find a realtor, tell them what's important to you in a neighborhood and a home & let them do the work for you
That's true. I was actually interested in looking in the Grove City area because I found prices to be more in my range although taxes are high.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:47 PM

61 posts, read 257,575 times
There is a large seventh day adventist church in the Worthington area. I think that most of the areas around Worthington will be nice.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,672,569 times
Columbus is a big city.
You cannot qualify an area based on zip codes.
However, there was a great article in the Dispatch today about Columbus zip codes.
Since columbus has a lot of annexation and newer suburbs, there are actually suburbs of columbus that use the Columbus zip codes and do not have their own mailing address (Gahanna, Grandview, and Upper Arlington)

These areas are very large, and many have very different neighborhoods or city limits within one zip code
For example: one can live in columbus, have a westerville zip code, but worthington schools. newer cities like columbus have many arrangements like this.

The Columbus Dispatch : Report: Many have affinity for ZIP codes
PRIDE IN NUMBER
Report: Many have affinity for ZIP codes
Monday, August 20, 2007 3:31 AM
By Martin Rozenman

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Click to enlargeThe U.S. has about 40,000 ZIP codes, and one of them is yours.

Moderator cut: copyrights

Last edited by Yac; 12-10-2007 at 01:39 AM..

Old 08-21-2007, 07:48 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsports2 View Post
What are the worst zip codes to live in Columbus? What are some nice zip codes near seventh day adventist churches?
43211 and 43224 (NE side) are very ghetto and a good idea to avoid. 43219 is pretty much likewise, except for the Easton area. 43203 and 43205 are between Downtown and Bexley--also good places to stay away from. 43206 except for German Village is a perennial trouble spot. 43227 near Whitehall is a "down-and-coming" slum that's gotten bad recently. 43209 outside of Bexley isn't anyplace I'd wanna be, either!

There are other parts of town that are simply economically distressed ("poor") but the ones I've listed above are where most of the really bad crime occurs.

On a seemingly unrelated topic--but since you asked!--there's a nice SDA church in 43085 (Worthington).

Be safe out there!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 12,911 times
Lightbulb Worst ? Zip Codes

Thanks for 43227. Perhaps true, several years ago. Definately not true 14 years ago. And yet, look again ? Search: "UP AND COMING" or Find Posts GOINGSON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
43211 and 43224 (NE side) are very ghetto and a good idea to avoid. 43219 is pretty much likewise, except for the Easton area. 43203 and 43205 are between Downtown and Bexley--also good places to stay away from. 43206 except for German Village is a perennial trouble spot. 43227 near Whitehall is a "down-and-coming" slum that's gotten bad recently. 43209 outside of Bexley isn't anyplace I'd wanna be, either!

There are other parts of town that are simply economically distressed ("poor") but the ones I've listed above are where most of the really bad crime occurs.

On a seemingly unrelated topic--but since you asked!--there's a nice SDA church in 43085 (Worthington).

Be safe out there!

Last edited by Goingson; 02-07-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Added

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 PM

80 posts, read 277,603 times
You sound like you may be of moderate income...If you are, don't move here....working-class people and the poor are incessantly looked down upon, exploited and mistreated here. Trust me. It's the culture here.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 PM

150 posts, read 980,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greytercel View Post
You sound like you may be of moderate income...If you are, don't move here....working-class people and the poor are incessantly looked down upon, exploited and mistreated here. Trust me. It's the culture here.
Yeah, move to New York City because in NYC the poor people are never looked down upon, exploited or mistreated! It's only in Ohio...

StreetCreed is right on target as usual! You pretty much need to visit to get a feel for the neighborhoods. There are a few areas I don't like, but without knowing what your target neighborhood would be, it's hard to steer you in a particular direction.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM

80 posts, read 277,603 times
More double talk....why not rule out both new york and columbus and find somewhere else where people are treated better--what does new york have to do with any of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus