Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM

6 posts, read 8,886 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Is there anyone who is familiar with both Cincinnati and Columbus do a neighborhood comparison for me?

What is the closest neighborhood Columbus equivalent of Mariemont or Wyoming? Is there such thing as an equivalent of Indian Hill? Excellent but small schools and neighborhood feel is my top criteria. I am trying to avoid a suburb that would be the equivalent of Mason or Westchester which are great schools and communities but also enormous.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 PM

368 posts, read 639,350 times
upper arlington,grandview,bexley,worthington all great schools,high class areas that are not subject to sprawl

Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM

111 posts, read 346,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
upper arlington,grandview,bexley,worthington all great schools,high class areas that are not subject to sprawl
I think this list hits it right on the head. We live in Bexley and have good friends that lived in Wyoming and moved here because it was the city they found was most similar.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 AM

6 posts, read 8,886 times
I love living in Wyoming. It is the first place that I have fell in love with in our last three corporate relocations. Ergo, I'm looking very closely at Bexley if our next transfer comes to be. This is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM

201 posts, read 829,491 times
interested in this as well, how do the four communities above compare?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:19 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,637,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD220 View Post
interested in this as well, how do the four communities above compare?
If you're still interested in the Cincy area, and want to check out suburbs, check out Blue Ash, I love it here. Also, I am looking to move into Cincinnati as well. So if there is something you like about a certain area, let me know. Me and the wife are looking at neighborhoods for a converted loft or new construction and Cincinnati has so much going on right now and so many great neighborhoods to look into.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:16 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,029,227 times
Indian Hill may be in a league all its own. This epicenter of the uber-rich is actually one of Cincinnati's largest eastern suburbs: isolated, hilly, wooded, and beautiful. Wealth, education, power, prestige--it's all part of the landscape here. Don't even think about penetrating this enchanted kingdom without possession of all the proper credentials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus