Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 09:17 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
But it's real classy to call people "yokels" and "hicks?" Get serious.

It's in my profile. How old are YOU?
LOL, because I'm the one who ran an underprepared sheriff's department with full knowledge that this situation was a virtual certainty yet did absolutely nothing to plan for it? Sorry Charlie, Lutz's failure is plain as day. His actions and decision call his credibility into question, just like any public or elected official's actions would. That's true for presidents all the way down to county sheriffs.

What you did was personally attack individual posters on this board with name-calling, which is in clear violation of the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Classy.

And yea, "if" is a great argument to make.

It's really unbelievable how all the shoot-first people always resort to the child example, as if these animals were suddenly unleashed in an elementary school cafeteria. You're using the most dramatic possible example to try to justify your position.
Ahhh thank you, I've been waiting for someone to say this.

That's it right there: toss a random kid into any situation or argument and all points, perspectives, ideas, rights, wrongs, reasoning and outside-the-box or independent thought have now become null and void. It's supposed to put the stopper in all situations where rational thought may be required. Your thought process may have been too rational for the baby-brains...so I'll toss a kid in there, make the situation irrational and *POOF* your point becomes invalid.

From all appearances, this dirtbag - whom I hope burns in an especially hot spot in hell created just for him - was too pathetic in so many ways and too overwhelmed to care for his animals so he decided on euthanasia by cop (related to suicide by cop but more cruel).

Anyone who comes about singing about his constitutional right to have whatever he wants if he can pay for it can blow it out their collective rear ends. If I hear that blather on the radio one more time I may go postal myself. The constitution does not protect ME from your stupidity if you become the inevitable failure you will be if you try to maintain wild, exotic animals. No amount of training will or licensing will ever be enough when you are surrounded by entire populations of people including civilians, police, fire, etc. who do not have any training to deal with your inevitable F-up when something goes awry with owning animals you will never, EVER be able to control (forget understand).

Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
Quote:
LOL, because I'm the one who ran an underprepared sheriff's department with full knowledge that this situation was a virtual certainty yet did absolutely nothing to plan for it? Sorry Charlie, Lutz's failure is plain as day. His actions and decision call his credibility into question, just like any public or elected official's actions would.

What you did was personally attack individual posters on this board with name-calling, which is in clear violation of the rules.
No. You did, by calling people hicks and yokels. You are in clear violation of board rules.

Maybe you ran a sherriff's department, but are you an animal expert, I ask again.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
No. You did, by calling people hicks and yokels. You are in clear violation of board rules.

Maybe you ran a sherriff's department, but are you an animal expert, I ask again.
I suspect you know the difference here, but are arguing for the sake of argument. I called an elected official a yokel; I didn't call you anything. Go through this site - people rip on President Obama all the time. They did the same for George W. Bush. Go to any individual city site and you'll find the mayor of that city called a lot of things. They're elected officials and their actions are up for debate, criticism and ridicule. And, incidentally, "yokel" widely refers to incompetence, which is precisely what happened here on several different levels.

You, on the other hand, individually singled out C-D posters and called them "dumbasses" because they didn't happen to agree with you.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
LOL, because I'm the one who ran an underprepared sheriff's department with full knowledge that this situation was a virtual certainty yet did absolutely nothing to plan for it? Sorry Charlie, Lutz's failure is plain as day. His actions and decision call his credibility into question, just like any public or elected official's actions would. That's true for presidents all the way down to county sheriffs.
^massive fail again

Sheriff Lutz to his 22 Deputy Patrol Division:

"OK men, we need to reassign you to man a 24 hour perimeter around that nut Thompson's place. You see, one never knows when he's gonna go off the deep end and let all those cuddly killers loose and kill his own self. Therefore, starting tonight, we will no longer be patrolling or responding to the rest of our 85,000 citizen's needs or patrolling the other 664 square miles of this county. Oh yeah, leave your weapons here at the station and on your way out pick up your tranquillizer darts from Marge at the front desk"

Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I suspect you know the difference here, but are arguing for the sake of argument. I called an elected official a yokel; I didn't call you anything. Go through this site - people rip on President Obama all the time. They did the same for George W. Bush. Go to any individual city site and you'll find the mayor of that city called a lot of things. They're elected officials and their actions are up for debate, criticism and ridicule. And, incidentally, "yokel" widely refers to incompetence, which is precisely what happened here on several different levels.

You, on the other hand, individually singled out C-D posters and called them "dumbasses" because they didn't happen to agree with you.
So it's OK the use of a derrogatory term such as a "yokel?"

Noun1.yokel - a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture bumpkin, chawbacon, hayseed, hick, rube, yahoo
rustic - an unsophisticated country person

You sound like such a hypocrite.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:46 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
states where I can go get me a real live tiger and keep it in my backyard...

Alabama
Idaho
Nevada
North Carolina (local restrictions may apply)
Ohio
South Carolina
West Virginia

states where I'm gonna haf ta go down and get me a permit first...

Arizona
Delaware
Indiana
Louisiana
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Texas

Summary of State Laws Relating to Private Possession of Exotic Animals
Your posts are cracking me up.

Yep here in Noaf Kah-lye-nuhhh we have us a similar loon with the means to someday likely come upon a similar failure in a town adjacent to the second most populated county in the state.

So please validate our moron club card accordingly.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
So it's OK the use of a derrogatory term such as a "yokel?"

Noun1.yokel - a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture bumpkin, chawbacon, hayseed, hick, rube, yahoo
rustic - an unsophisticated country person

You sound like such a hypocrite.
I thought I was a dumbass? Now I'm a hypocrite too?

Keep 'em coming, chief.

Incidentally, you brought up the possibility that a tiger might eat a child in his yard () but you ignored the far more realistic dangers that I pointed out that children face every day in far greater numbers. I wonder, are you as concerned with such things as childhood obesity, texting while driving, highway safety, sexual predators who target children, unfair child labor, etc.?

Or are you just grandstanding on this issue?

Last edited by abr7rmj; 10-20-2011 at 10:08 AM..

Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I thought I was a dumbass? Now I'm a hypocrite too?

Keep 'em coming, chief.

Incidentally, you brought up the possibility that a tiger might eat a child in his yard () but you ignored the far more realistic dangers that I pointed out that children face every day in far greater numbers. I wonder, are you as concerned with such things as childhood obesity, texting while driving, highway safety, sexual predators who target children, etc.?

Or are you just grandstanding on this issue?
These are not the issues at hand. We are talking about the dangers of keeping exotic animals which you choose to simply ignore because you are clouded by a sheriff who you don't agree with.

Fine I'll leave the children out of it. Would you going to handfeed a bear in your back yard?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
It all boils down to a ill man (terry thompson) letting the animals loose when he absolutely should not of. Im quite sure he knew the exotic animals would be killed by orders of the sheriff. If he really loved those animals he would not of done it. What a damn shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus