Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,851 times

Advertisements

I work at Chase bank. As far as federal banks go we're the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 02:48 PM

420 posts, read 704,105 times
I am looking for a bank myself, was leaning on PNC Bank. The thing with us is we have a bank (USAA) but of course there are no branches in our area. Every so often we get paper checks. We just need a bank to deposit our paper checks and then transfer over to our USAA account. We did that for a long time with Bank of America, but there are no BofA's here.

Most banks either want direct deposit linked up, or X amount of debit card usage. We just need a bank that has absolutely free, no fees whatsoever. The account will probably keep no more than $50 in, it's just a middle man that we need.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 30,049 times
Honestly Chase , Personally i felt bad for having chase . because they force you to have 1500 min balance or direct deposit min 500 . I would say Huntington is the best u can have low balance and no direct deposit needed .

Old 06-04-2012, 07:11 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,081,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
I am looking for a bank myself, was leaning on PNC Bank. The thing with us is we have a bank (USAA) but of course there are no branches in our area. Every so often we get paper checks. We just need a bank to deposit our paper checks and then transfer over to our USAA account. We did that for a long time with Bank of America, but there are no BofA's here.

Most banks either want direct deposit linked up, or X amount of debit card usage. We just need a bank that has absolutely free, no fees whatsoever. The account will probably keep no more than $50 in, it's just a middle man that we need.
My parents live up in Dayton and bank with their company credit union down in Dallas. Obviously, HP/EDS does not have any branches remotely close to them. They just mail their checks via deposit slips and envelops provided by the credit union and make sure they arrive and are deposited accordingly.

Not sure if USAA has an option like that, but it may be worth a shot. If you feel unsure of placing checks in your mailbox, you could always drop the envelope at a local post office or their blue mailbox.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
PNC or Huntington

Kemba Credit Union

Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Fifth third is not a good bank. They will nickel and dime you to death on fees. I removed all my money from the accounts and never been happier.

I'm at Huntington ever since. If you're basing the entire bank on a 16 min phone wait then maybe you should put your money in a jar and bury it.
I totally agree 5/3 did me the same money hungry & rude.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM

350 posts, read 847,846 times
I would go with Farmers Citizens in Upper Arlington which gives 2.22% interest on checking, it looks like they are the only bank in the area with Kasasa (just did a quick search https://www.kasasa.com/cash/browse/43210). I use a different bank and get 2.75%... its fantastic, beats USAA out of the water.

Btw: If by any chance you are a ccw holder, PNC is very much pro and no branches are posted, Fifth Third is anti and all branches are posted.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM

80 posts, read 278,196 times
Huntington and US Bank are not bad at all, as far as banks go. Huntington has 24 hour grace and how they explain checking account transactions is much more "user friendly" than others. Both Huntington and USB have easy to use online banking.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,115 times
We've had great service with Chase. They have awesome online banking, excellent rewards, and have ATM 's at all local Speedway .stations. We love their mobile app, too. You can deposit checks by taking pictures of them

Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM

801 posts, read 2,565,130 times
A lot of my friends seem to like Chase, for a big bank they seem to be one of the best.

I've used Woodforest for about 2 years... they're the bank inside Walmart. I've moved three times because of family/job issues, and there has been a Woodforest in each of the places I've lived, I think they have branches in 15 or more states.

What I like about them is that they are very friendly to deal with, have late hours and Saturday/Sunday hours at every branch, have a good online system, and really have never given me a headache.

I didn't qualify for their standard checking account, so for a year I had an account with a $10/month fee. After a year of good behavior, they upgraded my account automatically so I have no minimum balance and no fees.

Their security department is also quite good. My debit card got hacked at one point, and because of Woodforest I didn't lose any money and didn't have to pay any charge for the replacement debit card.

I'll probably stay with them even though their Columbus branch is a little bit out of the way (I think it's near Whitehall.)

I would also like to start a business relationship with a credit union. I may be interested in a car or mortgage loan at some point, and Woodforest doesn't do loans. Any suggestions on a credit union? Does Ohio State have one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus