Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,368 times

Advertisements

I am a 29 yr old pregnant mom of two. And i reside on the lower northside of Columbus, around 12th and Cleveland Ave. It's was a blessing to finally have a stable home to bring my children up in for a couple of years while I start my new career. I have been struggling with my neighbors in 1488 Nightfall Circle for respect. Ever since their move in, it has been a nightmare. As I write this tonight I am in tears because I have no clue as to what I should do about them. Just to break down the short history, my run in with them started over a puppy the had, pooping all over the grass near my window, on my walk way, where my children play at times etc. I asked them to please pick up the feces. I was ignored and so I made mention of my problem to CMHA rental office. Once the notice to get rid of the dog was sent out that's when all of my problem started. From there I've witnessed their company urinating of the ground, behind the dumpter, throwing all kinds of trash on the ground just to spite me. This is done, primarily for they see me clean my area often. I hate this crying I'm doing, however I feel as if the managers' hands are tied because no one will complain. I am documenting everything, I have sent emails to the director of security with CMHA, CPD, 311, HUD, I am so frustrated. Just the other night one of the frequent visitors were banging as if they were going to knock the door down @ 1:30am. I am wacthing my car in the middle of the night just to make sure no one bothers it. I have no peace. I have even thought of moving, but where and with what money? I shouldn't have to when I am not the problem. Because of glass bottles they threw on the ground, my 6 yr old sustained a deep laceration to his leg requiring 10 stitches. I was cursed and even threaten by one of the visitors because I choose to not be afraid and live in fear. I've called the police but by the time they arrive there is nothing. They lie for each other, and has bared false witness against me. I am so hurt and so tired of living like this. I've decided to obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon. They watch my every move, and now I'm really uncomfortable. I am afraid of what I might do to one of them if they attempt to put my childrens lives in danger. Does anyone know what else to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM

89 posts, read 120,097 times
You know this story sounds like what happened to our family when we moved to Cleveland and Hudson Ave about 12 years ago. Crazy neighbors they were throwing rocks at house and stealing our gas. What happened to welcoming the neighbors to the 'hood with a "Hi" and "my name is" etc? If I could have given you my opinion before you moved in that area. I would have told you not to move there. That area has gotten worse in the last 12 years not better. I am telling you to move out. Most leases have a provision to break them, if you can't afford to then I would take landlord to arbitration for moving in for those crazy tenants next door to you. Or I would contact Legal Aid, they offer free clinics downtown Columbus, they should able to offer some assistance. Once you get out of that lease I would suggest to move North of 161 and Cleveland Ave. That is a nice area (I lived in this area for 5 years) and I felt very same and the rent was reasonable, plus Westerville schools but you rent in Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus