Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM

69 posts, read 147,414 times

Advertisements

Hi. I've always wanted to see a game at Ohio Stadium, and next year I may come out to see Iowa play (get crushed by?) OSU. Is the Red Roof INN on Ackerman within walking distance of the stadium, as well as any restaurants? Are there any campus shuttles that would be close by? I'd appreciate any info that can be provided. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
It's a little over a mile walk from there to the Shoe, so you could probably walk it. It's actually a fun walk because thousands of other people will be doing the same thing and you never know what you might come across. Nothing like OSU game day!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM

225 posts, read 462,482 times
I used to live just north of the Red Roof Inn and my wife and I made that walk every Saturday. It is an easy walk. There is a shopping center right by the Red Roof Inn. In the shopping center there is a little sports bar called Woody's, there is also an Applebees, Raising Canes, McDonalds, a pizza place, and a Kroger. Just a mile north on Olentangy River Road you will find Rooster's (chicken wings) and El Vaquero.

As for local restaurants, on game day or the night before you should walk down to Lane Ave and turn left. There you will find the legendary Varsity Club restaurant and bar and if you continue heading east you will make it to high street which is loaded with food and drink options. Keep us posted on what you decide. I go to nearly every Ohio State home game and would be happy to provide you with any other information you may need.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM

69 posts, read 147,414 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the great info. I'll definitely post again if I do decide to make the trip next season. One "odd" question....is it "difficult" to cross Ackerman near the Red Roof Inn? Is it an "easy" walk (not talking so much about distance, but are there sidewalks, etc?)

Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM

225 posts, read 462,482 times
Going down to the stadium you have two options. You can walk straight down Olentangy River Road, it does not have sidewalks but does have a wide gravel type walkway alongside the road. I would recommend that you go a block or two to the west of Olentangy River Road where you will Fred Taylor Drive. Head south here and there will be sidewalks. This walk will also take you by some of the tailgating lots as well as Jesse Owens Stadium, Bill Davis Stadium, and the Jerome Shottenstein Center. It will also take you across the Lane Avenue Bridge which gives you a great view of the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus