Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 06:02 PM

3 posts, read 11,023 times

Advertisements

I'm getting back into riding horses after about a 3 year dry spell without. I've been what you'd call a "horseless horse lover" my whole life and was finally able to ride when I was in high school. I leased a Walking horse mare for a couple years, we rode trails, and I learned a lot from her. But then I graduated, started working full time, started attending college, and finally I moved from my hometown to Columbus about a year ago. Needless to say, I was not able to continue riding Missy.

I recently began taking riding lessons (hunt seat with a goal of eventually jumping and possibly showing....right now I'm just happy to be riding), but the barn I go to is south of downtown, whereas I live on the north side. It's a lovely little barn and I plan to continue taking lessons there, but it's just too far to drive to ride more frequently than that with gas prices being what they are.

I've been trying to find the perfect horse to lease for some time now....yet to find him/her! I'd absolutely love to hear from anyone who may have a horse they'd be interested in leasing out or if you simply have a few too many and/or no time to ride them. I'm not a professional or super experienced rider by any means, but I love doing it and I'm always learning things. Anyone just looking for someone to perhaps trail ride with them - let me know! I'd love to talk to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,984 times
Are you still looking to lease a horse? I have a wonderful Appendix Mare; she is boarded on Sawmill Rd, which is in NW Columbus. She can be ridden English or Western. Let me know what questions you have!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,842 times
Hi, i am relocating to Columbus in June from Colorado and would also like to connect with horse people. I will be looking for a horse to lease as well, preferably near trails and at a place where I may take dressage lessons. Please contact me directly at michellelynnharper@yahoo.com if you know of any barns, horses, etc. We are thinking we will be in the Hilliard or Worthington areas.

Thank you

Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,613 times
looking for someone to trim hoofs of my 2 mustangs. They are halter broke but I am unable to do this any more since shoulder surgery.614-875-7854

Old 07-18-2010, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,169 times
Try checking out the equestrian program at Otterbein College in Westerville...they have a huge training facility just north of our house.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,085 times
I have a bay for sale. she is 15.3 hands. she might test you because you are new to her. her name is tye. prise is 2000. she has had barrel training but she will do anything. if yo hav any more queistons send email to [EMAIL="dsgreen11@aol.com"]dsgreen11@aol.com[/EMAIL]. to see her ad go to [URL="http://www.horseville.com"]www.horseville.com[/URL]. send message through horseville. search quater horse in ohio. i am turing a barrel with her and it is in blanchester ohio. seller is debbie.
Thanks,
Lexie Winemiller

WILL NOT LEASE.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM

66 posts, read 204,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penn6754 View Post
looking for someone to trim hoofs of my 2 mustangs. They are halter broke but I am unable to do this any more since shoulder surgery.614-875-7854
Call Chris Richardson at 816-714-8397, he has a farrier service, he might be able to help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus