Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM

77 posts, read 440,765 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm looking for a nice- friendly, family friendly place to live.
Nice Homes, Nice Neighborhoods- good neighbors.

How are the people out there? Example- I was looking at Scottsdale AZ, Come to find out- the people there I guess all have some sort of Attitude. Along w/other bad stuff- I kinda decided it's not for me.

But do please write me back, thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM

12 posts, read 86,909 times
I have traveled to a lot of places which have been GREAT to visit, but have never found a place I'd rather call home...

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM

111 posts, read 405,765 times
What kinda vibe you get outta Columbus depends on what area you live in and how involved you get in your community. As a Columbus native even I feel there are parts of the city that are snobbier than others, but you'll find that anywhere. You'll also find kind down to earth people everywhere. Columbus is pretty big, and it has a lot of smaller neighborhoods that each have their own way of life/style. I feel it has something for everyone, but I'm a little biased.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM

205 posts, read 654,095 times
When I lived in Los Angeles I met one of my neighbors. Once. When they came over to complain that we left the porch light on and they couldn't sleep. That was the only interaction we had with our neighbors in three years.

By our second day of moving in our house in Columbus, we had met all of our neighbors. Some offerered to help us move big items and others brought baked goods. In a year and a half we have spent many, many hours with our neighbors both around the neighborhood and out and about in Columbus.

The people here are very nice. Even to undesirables like us (Wolverine fans).

Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 AM

2 posts, read 27,512 times
Default lots will say

I work in a call center in Dublin - a suburb of Columbus - and when I tell the people I talk to that I am in Columbus, OH they usually say they've travelled here and Ohioans are some of the nicest people. I like to say that we're a big city with a small town feel. There plenty to do on slow days and the communities (suburbs) and usually close knit and there's one for every type of person/family.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 PM

3 posts, read 32,625 times
christianguitarist27,
What are you looking for? You want urban or suburban living?
I have a family and I live just above Olde Town East, or O.T.E for short.
Alot of people said it's a horrible place to live, meh, I'm a minority and my kids have no problem walking to school or playing in the back yard.
Now go a block or two north of me and it's not good. Go a few blocks south of me and it's not so good.
The thing is, it's just like any big city, you have a block of good and a block or two of bad. And they interchange.
If you can afford to live in richville like some of these people may lead you to, then good for you. But if you can't, and only can afford so much, there are several places. Highly traveled streets are normally better than less traveled streets.
It really comes down to what you can afford.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM

111 posts, read 405,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphom3t View Post
christianguitarist27,
If you can afford to live in richville like some of these people may lead you to, then good for you.
I don't think this is fair. I often recommend the nicer (=more expensive?) areas of town to people who are looking because they often meet what they are looking for. I live off of Frank Rd on the lower west side of town, which is comfortable for me, but is not what many of people who come on here are looking for in terms of neighborhood and safety. You don't have to make it out like we're trying to screw those moving to Columbus over. I genuinely want to help them find a neighborhood that's a good match at their price point! =(

Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,072,039 times
Columbus is a combination of Mayberry RFD and Children of the corn.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:42 PM

293 posts, read 641,806 times
That is hard to believe because many of the people who live in Arz are from Ohio and the midwest...You will find people as you would anywhere else- some bitchy, some nice, and some very snooty..I have lived in Florida, Virginia, Las Vegas and Arz....Las VEgas has the best, followed closely by Virginia Beach. People in Ohio are depressed 7 months per year because of crappy weather and gray skies which can lead to bad feelings towards others

Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
That is hard to believe because many of the people who live in Arz are from Ohio and the midwest...You will find people as you would anywhere else- some bitchy, some nice, and some very snooty..I have lived in Florida, Virginia, Las Vegas and Arz....Las VEgas has the best, followed closely by Virginia Beach. People in Ohio are depressed 7 months per year because of crappy weather and gray skies which can lead to bad feelings towards others
Please, Ohioans are not depressed 7 months of the year. Not even one month out of the year. We do not have 7 months of gray skies and crappy weather. And "crappy" is pretty subjective anyway. I happen to enjoy cold and snow just as much as warm and sunny. You take what you can get when you don't live in San Diego, which for me would just about be the most boring place weather-wise in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus