Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 03:24 PM
on3

498 posts, read 384,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Once again, it's Columbusites bringing up Cleveland. This happens all the time. Another one earlier today in the Short North thread. And yet somehow it's Clevelanders hijacking everything. Just so puzzling. Can only be interpreted as inferiority complex, which I can't really argue against.

To answer your question about infrastructure though - yes, they are adding additional lanes to 161. This does a lot to fight the notion Columbus is a big suburban community.

People still trolling each other's cities in 2023? Wouldn't that be a sign of insecurity for such individuals always having to prop their city over another city? I'd think the normal thing to do is just enjoy where you live and if you don't like it, you just move somewhere else and try it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 08:24 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
People still trolling each other's cities in 2023? Wouldn't that be a sign of insecurity for such individuals always having to prop their city over another city? I'd think the normal thing to do is just enjoy where you live and if you don't like it, you just move somewhere else and try it out.
It’s especially sad when those cities all rank 30-35th nationally in metro size. You’d think they’d want to band together to help make themselves viable in a global economy but no, that’s not the Ohio way.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:53 PM

157 posts, read 105,320 times
It's good to see the area is getting cleaned up

Old 10-25-2023, 01:48 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
I live in Sammamish, WA, and most of our neighbors work at Microsoft or Amazon. Here are my thoughts:

With their great pay, they are great for the economy, with other smaller businesses popping up to support them.

They have the money to bid over asking on homes, so drive up the prices.

Their kids are helping bring up the school ratings, because they care about education (also adding to home prices).

Their influence with the cities means some additional infrastructure to support their number of employees, such as new roads, off ramps, and even park & ride facilities.

Despite staggered start/end times, their campus creates huge traffic jams at commute times, not so much now with hybrid
but still an issue.

Some of the younger, more hardcore techies are fun to watch in the grocery stores, trying to find things.

Some are also fun to watch when they drive their Ferrari or Lamborghini like an old lady.

Old 02-18-2024, 01:06 AM

3 posts, read 713 times
People on these forums are so negative to Columbus.

I will never get why Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton even fight with eachother.

We can all win. We are all distinctive enough cities.

We should be crapping on Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh but you'll ruin your own state first.

Like....most people think Ohio is lame because people complain too much about it ONLY BECAUSE we have so much to complain about.

Its kinda crazy that we have the cities that we do in this state and Ohio is probably (by a landslide) one of the most surprisingly interesting, easy, and economical states to live in.

Old 02-19-2024, 04:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Speaking of metro areas, I keep hearing that Dayton and Cincinnati are going to merge together one day. Don't ask me when that day is but that's what I hear.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:14 PM

4,140 posts, read 3,047,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Speaking of metro areas, I keep hearing that Dayton and Cincinnati are going to merge together one day. Don't ask me when that day is but that's what I hear.
Doesn't seem likely. The respective counties are not even adjacent to each other.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
Doesn't seem likely. The respective counties are not even adjacent to each other.

Whatever you say, I'm just reporting what I have been hearing constantly for years.

The two metro areas are an hour apart at the most.

Old 02-26-2024, 03:05 PM

160 posts, read 87,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNightlife View Post

We should be crapping on Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh but you'll ruin your own state first.

How about not crapping at all?

Old 03-02-2024, 03:02 PM

38 posts, read 26,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten653 View Post
How about not crapping at all?
Who do you feel should go first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus