Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 08:09 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
You are constantly comparing to other places.
These hillbillies want to be a real city so bad they jump up and down because a few companies move into their underdeveloped cow town and they think that "poof" were a big city now, yall...yee haaa..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2023, 08:10 PM

4,211 posts, read 3,289,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
You are constantly comparing to other places. You don't know what "mocking" means. Nobody except you has ever mentioned any orchestra.

Anyway, the whole Intel thing and whatever minor Microsoft thing is going on now is probably going to be bad for the average person. These companies are looking out for themselves and the local governments are responding by catering even more to them and making what is already a lackluster living experience even worse. More cars, more traffic, more lanes! Would have been nice to idk through extra bus service on 161 or break ground on any rail whatsoever. The region does not seem to want to do what's best for its people, but rather what's best for the corporations that own the place. People should be less eager to be cheerleaders for massive multinational shady tech companies that view you and your information as dollar signs.

I can say the same thing about other once great cities that caved to tech money at the expense of their population. Seattle, Austin, Dublin (Ireland), etc etc etc. I for one am not applauding this downfall.
I don't think Seattle and Amazon is quite the same thing. In that case, its an actual trillion dollar corporate HQ in the city, which likely facilitated the development of hard urban amenities like the Link train and downtown high rises (the Amazon Spheres at the very least).

The "Intel fab" on the other hand, is a quintessentially Columbus case study.

Hand over state money to a corporation so they can quietly do their thing on the fringes of your metro area. Now you can claim what are largely suburban developments as a feather in the cap of your city, without having to worry about doing the heavy lifting of things like metro rail or skyscrapers.

Old 06-20-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
I guess you people aren't smart enough to know that I'm mocking you.
The problem is that you brought up Cleveland.

If you had limited your "mocking" analogy to Cin-Day, it might have worked, because Cincinnati and Columbus are, to a certain extent playing the same game.

If you asked Clevelanders, "would you give up the symphony and your subway to add corporate jobs/suburbia, so you could finally post a metro population increase?", their answer would be NO, because they just aren't playing that game.

Old 06-20-2023, 10:28 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
The problem is that you brought up Cleveland.

If you had limited your "mocking" analogy to Cin-Day, it might have worked, because Cincinnati and Columbus are, to a certain extent playing the same game.

If you asked Clevelanders, "would you give up the symphony and your subway to add corporate jobs/suburbia, so you could finally post a metro population increase?", their answer would be NO, because they just aren't playing that game.
So you're not not smart enough to understand when I'm making fun of you, either? I'm mocking you people who come here to bash Columbus. But-but-but we're going to be a metroplex! LOL

Old 06-20-2023, 10:45 PM

Quote:
So you're not not smart enough to understand when I'm making fun of you, either? I'm mocking you people who come here to bash Columbus. But-but-but we're going to be a metroplex! LOL
Ok, so,

Columbus boosters: We're a big deal, totally on the national stage and totally the most important city in Ohio!

Also Columbus boosters: What's up with those out of town folks talking about Columbus?

Old 06-20-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I personally despise the idea that they're going to bring a bunch of West Coast communists and Godless Dungeons and Dragons-playing pagan nerds to our area, but I love the money they're going to bring here.

And at the end of the day, money talks, and I love money!
Is Microsoft going to forcibly relocate people from Redmond?

I could be missing something, but I'm not seeing the scenario in which people are going to give up the Puget Sound/Mountain combo of metro Seattle for Licking County, at least in significant numbers.

Old 06-20-2023, 11:57 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times
Quote:
But, muh, Cleveland has a symphony and Cincinnati has whatever it has, and muh, Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex. LOL

Amazon, Google, Facebook, Intel ... And now Microsoft.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...y/70339759007/

The usual suspects who dutifully enforced the unconstitutional suppression of free speech in order to push a deadly ineffective non-vaccine medical experiment on half of humanity.

Minus Intel.

Nobody hates Columbus...it's just not as well-loved as Cleveland and Cincinnati. Jeffery Epstein absolutely adored it though

Old 06-21-2023, 12:13 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
The usual suspects who dutifully enforced the unconstitutional suppression of free speech in order to push a deadly ineffective non-vaccine medical experiment on half of humanity.

Minus Intel.

Nobody hates Columbus...it's just not as well-loved as Cleveland and Cincinnati. Jeffery Epstein absolutely adored it though
Like I've said on numerous occasions, you're the insecure people that come here and bash Columbus and keep boosting your decrepit, has-been cities.

Microsoft could have chosen anywhere. They didn't choose Cincinnati. They didn't choose Cleveland. They didn't choose the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex. (LOL) They didn't choose Indianapolis. They chose here.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it, haters.

Old 06-21-2023, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Like I've said on numerous occasions, you're the insecure people that come here and bash Columbus and keep boosting your decrepit, has-been cities.

Microsoft could have chosen anywhere. They didn't choose Cincinnati. They didn't choose Cleveland. They didn't choose the Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex. (LOL) They didn't choose Indianapolis. They chose here.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it, haters.

Dude, no one hates Columbus....to hate someplace, there would need to be something worthy of hate. Columbus is too boring to hate. And too boring to love.

It's a very very likeable place though. I like it.

Old 06-21-2023, 12:36 AM

And it's the CBD Metroplex. Question Mr CBus, have you ever been to Middletown or Hamilton? Or possibly even Dayton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus