Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 03:19 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
And it's the CBD Metroplex. Question Mr CBus, have you ever been to Middletown or Hamilton? Or possibly even Dayton?
I doubt hes been too far past Blue Ash in Cincinnati...his posts indicate pretty stark lack of knowledge on whats actually going on here...he thinks people don't commute from Dayton to Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 03:21 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times
So my take away from this thread is that columbus is now a true densely packed big city because microshaft is going to open some back offices in the far edges of suburban columbus...a city of truly diverse suburbs...and all the homers sing along now "were a big city now mama"....lmao

Old 06-21-2023, 06:05 AM

490 posts, read 863,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
The problem is that you brought up Cleveland.

If you had limited your "mocking" analogy to Cin-Day, it might have worked, because Cincinnati and Columbus are, to a certain extent playing the same game.

If you asked Clevelanders, "would you give up the symphony and your subway to add corporate jobs/suburbia, so you could finally post a metro population increase?", their answer would be NO, because they just aren't playing that game.
Cleveland has a subway? Like the sandwich shop?

Old 06-21-2023, 06:32 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
Columbusites don't understand this map: https://www.riderta.com/sites/defaul...id_Connect.pdf

Anyway, sure most of it isn't underground at all, but it's still largely not on street level or subject to any car traffic.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:46 AM

4,211 posts, read 3,289,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
Yeah. It's a larger subway than Los Angeles or Baltimore has right now.

With a light rail and functioning Amtrak station.

Would Columbus be able to build a four mile streetcar even if they wanted to?

I think we all know the answer to that!

Old 06-21-2023, 07:07 AM

For the record, this is the general area where all these tech companies are buying up land: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1078...8192?entry=ttu

Obviously, this is terrible. It's just sprawling nonsense. This is not a city area, it's basically almost rural. There is nothing wrong with that. What makes it terrible is that we are destroying what could be a funcitoning rural community and making it into massive, isolating, tech ugliness and then probably more McMansions. It's just hard to stomach when the city of Columbus itself is so diluted as is. Would be much better to throw these types of things in the city itself (if you really want such companies anyway, which I personally do not).

Old 06-21-2023, 09:55 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
You are constantly comparing to other places. You don't know what "mocking" means. Nobody except you has ever mentioned any orchestra.
LOL you're a one man band trumpeting have great your haas-been City of Cincinnati is for years now and you're going to cast aspersions on others?

I don't need to compare against Cincinnati. There is no comparison. People are voting with their feet.

I'm making fun of you people and your persistent inferiority complex.

Old 06-21-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I doubt hes been too far past Blue Ash in Cincinnati...his posts indicate pretty stark lack of knowledge on whats actually going on here...he thinks people don't commute from Dayton to Cincinnati.
I've been everywhere in Cincinnati. Western Hills, Price Hill, Spring Grove Cemetery, Mariemont, fairfield, Kenwood, Hamilton. Everywhere.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Yeah. It's a larger subway than Los Angeles or Baltimore has right now.

With a light rail and functioning Amtrak station.

Would Columbus be able to build a four mile streetcar even if they wanted to?

I think we all know the answer to that!
That's right, the lack of a lefty choo choo toy train and world-renowned symphony funded by what's left of John D. Rockefeller's money kept Microsoft, Google, Intel and Facebook from locating here.

The only thing we're missing is Apple. Betcha they're next.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
LOL you're a one man band trumpeting have great your haas-been City of Cincinnati is for years now and you're going to cast aspersions on others?

I don't need to compare against Cincinnati. There is no comparison. People are voting with their feet.

I'm making fun of you people and your persistent inferiority complex.
You are incoherent.

Honestly it seems like I'm the only one on here that actually talks about Columbus qua Columbus any of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus