Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I have a Macbook Pro, 2.2 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 4GB RAM. I keep having a problem connecting my TV to my Macbook with the DVI to RCA/S-Video Adapter I bought at the Macstore. Actually, this is my second one and I am beginning to believe it isn't the connector at all, but my settings.

The tv is just a lowly samsung with the video outs in front. I have plugged them together before and had them work. (i am using an RCA cable, which i have already tested and works fine). then it seems to stop working and all i get are the wavy lines. I have turned off the telly, restarted the mac, and i can't get them to work anymore. It really seems it is my display settings because every time i change them it shows something different on the screen. I keep trying different stuff but frankly there are so many combinations that i would be fiddling with it for a year.

It seems that at first, my macbook pro autodetects the display and i just plug-and-watch. no problems. then, i put it in one day and all i get is wavy lines. There has to be some combination on my settings that i can try that will make this work. This is my second adapter and this one is only two weeks old. Since the other one did the same thing after only a few months I really want to determine if it is just my error before i go back to the Macstore for a replacement.

I have googled this problem and most people seem to have problems with the HDTV and the fancier stuff. This is just a normal tv, nothing fancy, and the fact that it HAS worked in the past means i am just messing up. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,764 times
The only way to find out is to try all of the settings until you find one that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers