Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 10:04 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,204,729 times

Advertisements

https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model.php?II=170

Do I need to buy two hard drives for TS 231? Please recommend brand/model of hard drive (reasonable price, good quality, etc).

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:09 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,230,936 times
So you expect us to read and research the disk compatibility documentation of this product for you?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:33 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,204,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So you expect us to read and research the disk compatibility documentation of this product for you?

No, I mean whether every kind of external hard drive can fit into TS 231. Maybe someone have used the product and know much better.

I don't really know much about computer/IT stuff, and the only external drive I have bought before is thumb drive. So I will greatly appreciate if anyone can recommend a good external hard drive for TS 231.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,230,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
No, I mean whether every kind of external hard drive can fit into TS 231. Maybe someone have used the product and know much better.

I don't really know much about computer/IT stuff, and the only external drive I have bought before is thumb drive. So I will greatly appreciate if anyone can recommend a good external hard drive for TS 231.
From the link you posted, numerous drives of all types:

https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product_x_...g_cat=1&II=170

Not to be a smarta** or anything but if you didn't bother to read what the vendor has documented on the website you provided to us let me say I think you are in way over your head with this product...

If you don't really know much about computer/IT stuff exactly why are you purchasing this product?

Your requirements dictate the hardware

Old 05-02-2015, 07:02 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,676,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
From the link you posted, numerous drives of all types:

https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product_x_...g_cat=1&II=170

Not to be a smarta** or anything but if you didn't bother to read what the vendor has documented on the website you provided to us let me say I think you are in way over your head with this product...

If you don't really know much about computer/IT stuff exactly why are you purchasing this product?

Your requirements dictate the hardware
I have to agree with this ... It doesn't use external drives, but internal drives ...

Honestly, if you can't figure out which drives to use, you are going to have a much harder time figuring out how to use all of the much more advanced features that a NAS offers you. This isn't a plug-n-play type of device.

Now ... if you figure out what type of drives you need, and decide on a number of different models that meet the requirement, then coming here and asking for recommendations between brands / models is appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers