Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 02:56 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times

Advertisements

they have to find the encrypted files first. Disguise them and only boot into them using something like hiren's bootcd that boots up in RAM only. Plausible denyability is the best course of action. If you don't want evidence of your activities to be present don't do anything using your primary windows operating system where stuff gets stored in the registry, and anything data that is saved to a hard drive can potentially be recovered or used as evidence against you, or you could potentially get infected with keyloggers or trojans (many people back up their bitcoins in clean environments like these) . Boot and use RAM ONLY, and do a clean shutdown when finished and pull the power cord so the RAM loses it's stored energy and wipes clean.

Myself I've got nothing to hide that the government would care about so I just secure passwords with encrypted 7z files that use random 32 character passwords I store as QR codes and keep in my wallet. I use a 2D barcode scanner when I want to access the information. Plus I know my system is clean from anything a random hacker might use so no problems there. Although I am against NSA spying into everyone's lives simply because I don't believe in the drug wars that governments worldwide insist on engaging in, I myself have not too much to hide so meh... as a Caucasian male I'm less likely to get hassle to begin with, although as a Caucasian male it also means i have to work for my money, I don't just get it handed to me like members of the opposite sex or other races might, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-16-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
as a Caucasian male I'm less likely to get hassle to begin with, although as a Caucasian male it also means i have to work for my money, I don't just get it handed to me like members of the opposite sex or other races might, but that's a topic for another discussion.
This is why it is a bad idea to keep a browser tab with City-Data next to another one with Stormfront. It's just to easy to post in the wrong forum.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
As a Caucasian male I'm less likely to get hassle to begin with, although as a Caucasian male it also means i have to work for my money, I don't just get it handed to me like members of the opposite sex or other races might, but that's a topic for another discussion.
As an educated Caucasian male, I'm not as ignorant as you to say what I just quoted you saying. People from every race and sex work hard. Asians, specifically, work much harder than Caucasians, generally. But, like you said, this is a discussion for another topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers