Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
You can't uninstall IE, it's integral to the OS. You can uninstall newer versions than what your OS shipped with, but you can't uninstall it altogether.
Thanks, you're right Dave. Then I would try to replace my existing copy this way...

Quote:
If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 on your computer, you can install Windows Internet Explorer 9 to replace your existing version of Internet Explorer.

How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
The "Windows Host Process (Rundll32) Has Stopped Working" error is an error that is common to Windows Vista.

How to Fix Windows When Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working | eHow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
None of those solutions worked. Not only is this annoying but it even prevents me opening IE many times. Ugh! Will keep trying for solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I would give this suggestion a try and see if you can find "which application is running the rundll32.exe file." Follow his simple instructions for doing it under Windows Vista/7. He tells you what to do if you find the program/issue and what to do next if you don't. Seems easy enough to try.

How to Fix the Rundll32.exe Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You didn't look very hard. This was the first link in a Google search for your message.

Windows Host process (Rundll32) has stopped working - Microsoft Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I would download the Mozilla Firefox browser.

Next, I would uninstall Internet Explorer.

Finally, I would start Firefox browser and download and reinstall Internet Explorer.
...............Were there any solutions from above? I'm trying to get a computer to "end task" for Rundll32 on a Vista machine. Explorer keeps stopping and starting and then the Rundll32 is closed message. Endless loop. When the task is ended, it is removed from the window but then re-populates itself.
Safe mode or safe with networking is all that allows normal usage.

Any help here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers