Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,613,250 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious if anyone out there has taken the Certified Ethical Hackers course and if you have any advice as to the best company that teaches it and any opinions about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:38 AM

6,593 posts, read 11,302,314 times
Its a fairly generic course that walks you through the process of penetration testing (OSSTMM, OWASP etc.) as well as covering a number of tools. Its not a bad course for those that want some exercise in learning these tools (mostly tools found in backtrack etc.). That said, the organization that sponsors the cert (ECCouncil) is a bit slow in their administration of the cert after the fact. They now require CPE's to maintain the cert, but their site is clumsy and hard to navigate. I guess the good part is that they don't collect any maintenance fees... yet. The test is pretty easy as its multiple choice and most of the questions are just based on command, which tools to use for what, etc. There are some "dumb" questions - but you can google for those as the word does get around. The one I remember is that you need to know the port that a Palm Pilot communicates on.... seriously????

As for the training center - I've used intense school (they're now now new company, but you can just google intense school) for quite some time and have always been satisfied. All the instructors I've dealt with were extremely knowledgeable and had some great war stories.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,613,250 times
Thank you for your response, info and feedback! I will check out Intense School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers