Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:43 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I do prefer physical media, especially for movies but for music, at least, streaming seems to be the dominant method.

Streaming or some non-physical formats will eventually prevail since I believe corporations want to turn us all into bunch of floating obese, lazy consumers like the people in Wall-e:
Loved that movie!

I have to admit, I've been wanting to rip all of my movies to my own local sever and serve them up, ala' Netflix. But, I need a more beefier computer and right now, my desktop which runs my Plex server on it is not strong enough and is currently online via wireless instead of hardwired in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 01:27 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Physical media?

Somewhere I have a flash drive in the bottom of my bag I have to dig around for everyone blue moon for some reason or another. There's a portable DVD burner I can plug into my laptop/desktop. Yes, my desktop doesn't even have any physical media capabilities. I had old IDE drivers and when I bought parts didn't realize I had old IDE drives and no IDE connectivity on the new motherboard. I use them so frequently I just never got around to buying a $20 drive. For the every other year or so occasion when I need to use a DVD, I have the portable one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers