Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:18 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,492,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post

Thank you. I am checking it out now...Here I go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 01:20 AM

How do I make changes to libre to let me ignore all or add to the dictionary?

I do not like these squiggly red lines under words. It is annoying and a pet peeve of mine. I tried copying to word, edited it and then pasted to libre but the squiggly lines came back

All I am doing is cutting and pasting addresses for shipping orders.

Thank you!

So far it is great, I added a logo and resized it. Never thought I could get that far.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:10 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,187,201 times
Go to the top menu and deselect: Tools -> Automatic Spell Checking . See attached image.

To make it permanent, go to Tools -> Options. A new window will open. Select "Writing Aids" on the left column and uncheck "Check Spelling as you type" and "Check grammar as you type." See the other attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
My PC wants me to upgrade to Windows 10-lo.png   My PC wants me to upgrade to Windows 10-lo2.png  

Old 11-19-2016, 02:06 PM

1,180 posts, read 785,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
Is LibreOffice as good as or better than OpenOffice?

I agree... Never pay a ridiculous Microsoft price "for nothing" again.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,670,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post

Apache OpenOffice is what I was going to suggest. You beat me to it. Best part is that it's free.
Here's the link:
https://www.openoffice.org/

Old 11-19-2016, 02:33 PM

I am notorious for screwing up files etc and to have that 2016 version of Microsoft on my PC

just compounded the etard in me.

Just made me pull out my hair, almost.

Last nite, I pulled an all niter; I made an inventory spreadsheet, made two separate invoices: one with a logo!

Look at me go! LOL! I had to pace in between waiting for my computer to catch up...but I made progress!

This new free software makes me feel smarter, any monkey can do it!

I am almost to the point where I may even donate to the Publisher.

Tax write off and good Karma.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,187,201 times
Glad it works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post

LibreOffice is closely related to OpenOffice. OpenOffice was originally developed by Sun Microsystems. Oracle bought Sun and stopped development of OpenOffice. Being that OpenOffice was open source, many OpenOffice developers forked the project into LibreOffice. One and a half years later, Oracle donated OpenOffice to Apache, who resumed development of it. So, both OO and LO share the same roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers