Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 10:12 PM

454 posts, read 448,145 times

Advertisements

I had it connected to chromebook without any issue. I then by mistake unplugged it when it was plugged in because i did not know how to eject it like in a windows computer. When i plugged it back in, i get message

t shows datapart1. But then it immediately disappears and the message of

Removeable device detected

Explore the device's content in the files app

Whoa, there. Be careful.

In the future, be sure to eject your removable device in the files app before unplugging it. Otherwise, you might lose data.

It basically did not recognize it. I connected it to a windows 7 desktop computer. It seem to say error and to format it and i thought it worked. But when plugged back into chromebook, it doesn't recognize it. I plug it back to my windows 7 desktop and it ask to scan again. It scanned for many many hours and it showed like over 200 million free clusters processed. Im not sure what that mean but it said no issue as i downloaded a program recommended by someone called crystaldiskinfo which seems to say its good

Now heres the issue. I connect it to chromebook again, it recognizes it for a bit but i get the same message

Removeable device detected

Explore the device's content in the files app

Whoa, there. Be careful.

In the future, be sure to eject your removable device in the files app before unplugging it. Otherwise, you might lose data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM

454 posts, read 448,145 times
So imagine you see its called datapart1 showing up and then disappearing over and over and then no more. Thus it doesn't recognize it in my chromebook. Now i then plugged it into my windows 7 desktop and it recognizes it... shows 928gb free of 931gb. So if thats the case, my internal hard drive enclosure is fine?

I then plugged in a usb stick into my chromebook in case my usb no longer worked. Again i just got this chromebook. Now it recognizes the usb stick with no issue on my chromebook. It has the message to open file to open the usb stick and it does.

So does anyone know what is the issue here? I thought i destroyed the internal hard drive enclosure because i unplugged it while i didn't eject it. But i checked for errors and even if there were errors, well isn't it fixed since when i connect it to desktop, it shows the 928gb free of 931gb? However, it isn't my chromebook usb port since a usb stick does fit. So is this a software issue or hardware issue? Because why would it recognize the internal hard drive enclosure on the windows 7 desktop then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers