Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 04:45 PM

173 posts, read 120,893 times

Advertisements

How does one open multiple screens in Win 10 and toggle between them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 05:16 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,858,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog-Mom View Post
How does one open multiple screens in Win 10 and toggle between them?
How did you open the first screen?
Now do the same with the second screen, and so on.

You can 'see' small icons on the bottom of your screen which screens you have 'open'.
Tapping any of those icons will bring that screen into the foreground.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:22 PM

173 posts, read 120,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
How did you open the first screen?
Now do the same with the second screen, and so on.

You can 'see' small icons on the bottom of your screen which screens you have 'open'.
Tapping any of those icons will bring that screen into the foreground.

Thank you but it did not work for my sig. other. We can't tell what is what in Windows 10. He can't open some account on the Internet because it's telling him to enter a code# sent to his email.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:06 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog-Mom View Post
Thank you but it did not work for my sig. other. We can't tell what is what in Windows 10. He can't open some account on the Internet because it's telling him to enter a code# sent to his email.
I agree it's a pain - it does NOT show at the bottom like it used to - you have to click on that little thing on the bottom that looks like a film strip in order to get a thumbnail pic. of other open windows. I've had the same issue - Amazon sends a code to email for instance.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:51 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
OK back it up here. Multiple screens of what? Browsers? Files explorer?
Toggling is the same it's always been: ALT-TAB.

Right click on your TASK BAR. Choose SETTINGS. Look for a setting "Combine Taskbar Buttons" and change it to "Only When Full".

Old 10-22-2019, 02:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Or, an easy way is to open each page in a new tab then go from one to the other.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:42 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Do you mean so you can see two things side by side? You can resize them, I use it with a mouse so it's easier. Sometimes I just do it manually so I can watch some news on one half and play a game in the other. Certain times if you get it exactly half the other pages will get smaller and you can click on the other half you want.

In a browser in Chrome click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand side and click on New window, or open in new window,

Old 10-22-2019, 02:35 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Certain times if you get it exactly half the other pages will get smaller and you can click on the other half you want.

This happens when your mouse pointer hits the right or left side of the screen while dragging the window.

You can also snap windows with the keyboard by tapping the Windows Key, and the left or right arrow key (the currently active window will snap to the side of the screen that matches the arrow key). But you won't get the option to select another window if you use the keyboard.

You can also use the up and down arrows to go back to full screen, and multiple taps on any arrow will cycle between the different states.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:15 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
You can separate the monitors. There is no need to extend the desktop. That sounds like what you are asking.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:37 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
You can also snap windows with the keyboard by tapping the Windows Key, and the left or right arrow key (the currently active window will snap to the side of the screen that matches the arrow key). But you won't get the option to select another window if you use the keyboard.
And this is why I love this field. I still learn new stuff every damn day almost.

I did not knwo this had a keyb shortcut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers