Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 12:27 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,944,678 times

Advertisements

On my Windows 7 with Chrome,Chrome blocks Capcha??How to correct??
thank you for help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 07:39 PM

8,341 posts, read 13,479,623 times
How is it blocking it, not displaying the captcha box properly? Showing empty?

Have you tried another browser to see if it worked?

Typically, I'd start with emptying the browser cache, then disabling any extension(s) that might be the culprit?

Hope this helped??

Old 12-14-2021, 08:06 PM

61,888 posts, read 87,385,514 times
I so wish that Captcha will be replaced with something more intuitive and more human users friendly.
Sometimes it goes into a loop and ask endless question showing endless sets of pictures. It's so irritating!!

He probably meant blocking access to a website untill Captcha is passed. Sometimes I just give up. Have no patience with this stupid thing...

Maybe this fix will help?
https://appuals.com/fix-recaptcha-no...ing-in-chrome/

Old 12-17-2021, 01:51 PM

Since I do have some reply's you will not be able to help,I have Dialup.The ISP provider requires Captcha in addition to login for webmail,with webmail I am able to dump emails in webmail.This was just added.
On java I added allow for Captcha which won't work because chrome is out of date.I can't update because internet drops once in awhile,download is 4-6 hours.
I have Win 7 and am 88 and ready to drop computer completely,do hate thought of dropping Forum,I only use it for autopay, and a couple of other sites.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation, Dan but hard for anyone to do/help much like this.

By the way, hearing about 'dial-up' gave me Japanese horror movie like flashbacks!

I'd have said Godspeed to you but we both know, that pretty much means 56K for you.

All undue kidding aside, are you not able to pass it onto a friend, relative or even the nerdy kid of a neighbor to get it fixed?

Old 12-18-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation, Dan but hard for anyone to do/help much like this.

By the way, hearing about 'dial-up' gave me Japanese horror movie like flashbacks!

I'd have said Godspeed to you but we both know, that pretty much means 56K for you.
:All undue kidding aside, are you not able to pass it onto a friend, relative or even the nerdy kid of a neighbor to get it fixed?
I have no one left,baby of family,father born 1883,deceased 1938,mother deceased 1935,we were a family of 5.Fathers first wife passed in 1917,Spanish flu.
On my wifes side she has one sister out of family of 6.
We are the lone ranger unfortunately.We have our daughter helping us,we lost the best in 1990 age 30 a Denver policeman due to brain cancer.
I have had 56K for 20 tears,very reliable and cheap but time and technoligy have caught up to where it is almost useless any more along with Windows 7,thank you for reply

Old 12-18-2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I have no one left,baby of family,father born 1883,deceased 1938,mother deceased 1935,we were a family of 5.Fathers first wife passed in 1917,Spanish flu.
On my wifes side she has one sister out of family of 6.
We are the lone ranger unfortunately.We have our daughter helping us,we lost the best in 1990 age 30 a Denver policeman due to brain cancer.
I have had 56K for 20 tears,very reliable and cheap but time and technoligy have caught up to where it is almost useless any more along with Windows 7,thank you for reply
Dan, thank you for sharing all that. I can tell you are old school and the info is true because no one under the age of 60 would have been even remotely interested in sharing such personal info.
My life is not that great either but whose is? I still try to have fun and try to help people with whatever I can, even on forums like this but most of my posts are no more special or noteworthy than a mouse fart at night.

Enough drama, back to your issue; have you checked/done any of the suggestions in my first post?
Have you checked the extensions in Chrome to make sure one of them is not the cause? A security or ad/pop-up blocking type extension could cause that. I use and really like uBlock Origin for ad/content and site redirection but on a few trusted sites, I have disabled it because it did broke needed site functions.

Second suggestion would be to use a different browser like Firefox or Opera. If you are not able to get anyone to help you, would you like me to ship you a USB or CD of the software if you would be able to install it on your own?

And no, you won't have to pay me anything but at the same time, if you do not want to PM me your personal info, I won't be offended. Just wanted to throw that at you, if interested.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:32 AM

61,888 posts, read 87,385,514 times
It could be shipped to an alias name to pickup at the post office. Totally anonymous.

Old 12-19-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It could be shipped to an alias name to pickup at the post office. Totally anonymous.
I didn't know they did that, that is really cool!

Dan, one other thing that would be relatively easy to try to see if a specific browser cache or extension was the culprit or not is to (of course, close Chrome first and make sure it is not running in the background - check System Tray where time is in the right bottom corner) hide the Google user profile folder in AppData > Local folder and then open Google again.

Tip: If you were accessing the problem site thru your Bookmarks and do not know the actual link or just to make things easier, before doing the below troubleshooting steps, you might want to Export your Bookmarks from within Chrome first by: holding down CTRL+SHIFT keys and pressing O (as in October) then using the 3 vertical dots on the right top corner of the Bookmarks page, select Export and it will save to the default location which is your Documents folder with the date. See attached screenshot. I used Brave which is a Chrome variant but keyboard shortcuts would be the same.

To import the Bookmarks back into Chrome using the same steps but instead of selecting Export, you select Import and browse to the save location (Documents) to select the file.

Start > Run or Windows Key + R, then type %LOCALAPPDATA% (can be lower case but I tried to make it easier and less confusing) and press ENTER

This will open up Windows Explorer at the "C:\Users\youruserprofile\AppData\Local" location.
Locate Google folder, right-click on it and select RENAME and change it to something like OLD_Google
Do not delete this folder, just rename it so your browser data, bookmarks, etc. won't be delete but just hidden. Next time you launch Google Chrome, it will simply create a new user profile by creating a new "Google" folder at this location.

After this is done, check to see if you still have the same problem or not.

The above would be my first step if you are not able to try another browser to test. It will also let you know if Chrome's cache or previously installed extension was the culprit or not.

If you still have the problem and it USED TO WORK before then more than likely the culprit is within Chrome. The above steps should resolve the issue.
Or, less likely, something changed with the code of the web site (there might be a compatibility issue with that web site and the version of Chrome you are using). Then trying another browser would be the next logical step.

Feel free to try other suggestions but I personally do not think the DNS/IP cache has anything to do with this. If the user profile was the culprit, that'd also be noticeable with other issues/errors and I doubt this is a User Profile issue unless there is a malware infection causing this.

Please let us know what you have done/tried so far and what you want to or will be able to try next.
Attached Thumbnails
problem with CAPCHA-chrome-bookmark-export.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers