Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 02:50 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,520,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
It might help if you told us why they say they are restricting you or if you told us what types of forums ypu are being restricted in or if it is Facebook as a whole or specific forums that are restricting you. I run several Facebook Groups and some folks can't follow simple directions to clean up specific portions of their posts. Sometimes it is images that they use, sometimes it is language they use or topics that our group has restricted. In those cases it is the group admins, not Facebook that has restricted you.
Well, besides coming from one of the largest groups in the world that Speak Spanish, usually what I placed or share there are: Birds, Babies, Plants with flowers, Cats, Dogs, Some Salsa Music, and anything that I find PRETTY.......i have never gotten into any ugly discussion with anyone, because I need my time for other issues............NO POLITICAL ONES.......all I can tell you that I am BAFFELD And thank you so very much.....have a great day.........

Old 03-24-2023, 05:09 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,569,779 times
Definitely period abuse.

Old 03-24-2023, 06:09 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Maybe you are talking about them in PMs. I guess you know that they read private messages. I caught them. I was prescribed a new med. Talked to my sister, an RN, about it in a private message. I had not googled it or anything. A few minutes after I asked her, I started getting ads for the same med. Only way they could have known was read my "private messages."

Old 03-24-2023, 06:33 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Maybe you are talking about them in PMs. I guess you know that they read private messages. I caught them. I was prescribed a new med. Talked to my sister, an RN, about it in a private message. I had not googled it or anything. A few minutes after I asked her, I started getting ads for the same med. Only way they could have known was read my "private messages."
A person didn't read your private messages, the computer did, and it fed into the advertising algorithm

Old 03-25-2023, 10:09 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
A person didn't read your private messages, the computer did, and it fed into the advertising algorithm
The key word is "private". And it is an invasion of privacy. Maybe we need privacy laws like they have in the EU. Google got fined there for giving out private info.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:05 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The key word is "private". And it is an invasion of privacy. Maybe we need privacy laws like they have in the EU. Google got fined there for giving out private info.
When you send a PM on Facebook, it goes through their system, and if the topic is something that has advertising, you will see advertising. Private message means that only you and the PM recipient can see the messages, not your FB friends. I guarantee you that FB employees can see them if necessary, as can the government with a warrant. If you don't want to see ads derived from PM messages, don't use Facebook. Or install AdBlock+. I never see ads on FB.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:41 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times

Old 03-25-2023, 06:41 PM

Default Way too funny..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
Definitely period abuse.

You made me laugh..........It is something that I do without realizing it........Have a nice day. See only one for you.

Old 03-28-2023, 07:14 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
They have been doing this since 1921.......like i wrote to one of the ladies here........there are 23 countries that speak Spanish...........and I speak Spanish...............plus other languages......
I don't know what this has to do with what I wrote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
You made me laugh..........It is something that I do without realizing it........
How does one not realize this? And I've seen posts from you before where you did not do this. Seems like a recent change. You should be cognizant of it because I promise there are people that do ignore poorly written posts.

Old 04-01-2023, 10:27 AM

Default Peregrine;65049499, it is not the periods, I do not change my account everyday if they do not allow me in..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Maybe because.........you use too many periods..........
There's certainly not enough information to help you here. I do know that changing your account daily is one reason they might ban you.
How can I get into the account, if any I am not allowed in..............I place my password, not acceptable, get another password, not good enough......this has been going on since 2000, and before I had another account since 2016, and the same thing happened..........and then when they finally let m e in.........the account looks FOREIGN to me, because I have no idea what they want from me. Thank you for your help, Peregrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.