Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2023, 05:09 PM

652 posts, read 681,198 times

Advertisements

I'm having trouble connecting my JBL Charge 4 speaker to my PC. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. You would think it be simple as turning the bluetooth on in your PC settings. Then, turn the speaker on and then, pair/connect it to your PC. However, it seems things are not that easy for me. This is my first time trying to connect a bluetooth device. I've never done it before. Any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 05:31 AM

1,097 posts, read 644,377 times
To help troubleshoot, try your smartphone first (if you have one).

Old 12-07-2023, 07:08 AM

6,589 posts, read 11,282,338 times
Did you put the speaker in pairing mode?

See step #2: https://tomstek.us/how-to-put-jbl-ch...-pairing-mode/

There seems to be a ton of youtube shorts on pairing this speaker. So you can google and just take your pick if need be.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
To help troubleshoot, try your smartphone first (if you have one).
Yes, my bluetooth speaker works with my phone without any issues!

Old 12-07-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Did you put the speaker in pairing mode?

See step #2: https://tomstek.us/how-to-put-jbl-ch...-pairing-mode/

There seems to be a ton of youtube shorts on pairing this speaker. So you can google and just take your pick if need be.
Yes, I did put the speaker in pairing mode. I also ordered a Bluetooth USB stick to see if that helps and I guess, it doesn't matter because my PC still can't find my bluetooth speaker. So, I'm just lost and confused right now.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:18 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,685,380 times
You're sure your PC has BT right? Sorry, but I do have to ask the obvious question here. I mean it shouldn't let you try and pair if you don't, so I assume you do.
What actually happens? Does the PC scan and say "Sorry, found nothing"...or does it not scam at all...or...
Walk us through it.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You're sure your PC has BT right? Sorry, but I do have to ask the obvious question here. I mean it shouldn't let you try and pair if you don't, so I assume you do.
What actually happens? Does the PC scan and say "Sorry, found nothing"...or does it not scam at all...or...
Walk us through it.
So, I turned on my Bluetooth speaker and put it in pairing mode. I go into my PC settings and look for Bluetooth. I have the PC scan for my Bluetooth speaker and it comes up with nothing.

I did go to my device manager and it has several Bluetooth options. The one that sticked out the most is my Generic Bluetooth Radio because it has a caution symbol on it. I tried to update the driver for it and nothing seems to be working.

There is an update for my computer that I'm downloading as we speak. Maybe, that will solve my problem.

Old 12-07-2023, 10:58 AM

1,097 posts, read 644,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RME40 View Post
The one that sticked out the most is my Generic Bluetooth Radio because it has a caution symbol on it. I tried to update the driver for it and nothing seems to be working.
Caution symbol is a problem. What is the exact model of your computer, and the exact website link you used to update your driver?

Old 12-07-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
Caution symbol is a problem. What is the exact model of your computer, and the exact website link you used to update your driver?
How do I look up the model of my computer? I just used the automatic driver update option

Old 12-07-2023, 11:52 AM

I managed to get my JBL Charge 4 speaker to work on my PC. I had to disable the Bluetooth setting on my computer. Connect the USB Bluetooth stick. Turn on the speaker and put it in pairing mode and my computer was able to find the speaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers