Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Thanks for all the advice and I'm doing the research. I see a few people said Tiger Direct but before I buy anything on the internet, I check for complaints and there are tons of complaints about them. newegg doesn't seem to have many complaints, so I might try them.
I'm one of them against Tiger.
Not sure if I ever updated it but 2 years ago I bought a Fugi camera on black friday. For some reason I never tested the camera & on Christmas morning it didn't work. Tiger did not want to replace because it was 3 days over. I told them it was a Christmas purchase, most stores gave more then 30 days, they refused.

I went to reseller ratings & gave a review. In the mean time a friend that builds computers tried to help me through their rep. Eventually I got an email from Tiger that they would refund my money. In the end it turns out that they saw my review on reseller ratings & make good on it.

I buy a lot of PC parts - Newegg & Zipzoomfly are the best
Tiger Direct is my 3rd choice & I have no problems ordering from them even after the camera incident.

You can order from any of the three, doesn't matter.
What I usually do is put the same products in my cart at all 3, then see who charges the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Thanks for all the advice and I'm doing the research. I see a few people said Tiger Direct but before I buy anything on the internet, I check for complaints and there are tons of complaints about them. newegg doesn't seem to have many complaints, so I might try them.
That's why I don't recommend them, had too many problems with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers