Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM

370 posts, read 609,249 times

Advertisements

This is quite amusing...Desiree Fontaine from WTNH arrested for attempting to steal merchandise from Sears valued at $104.98.

Apparently, Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

WTNH will only call this a "personal matter"...

Any idea how much a traffic reporter makes annually in Connecticut??? I believe she also hosted a morning show on WTNH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,237,489 times
Old news.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,387,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
This is quite amusing...Desiree Fontaine from WTNH arrested for attempting to steal merchandise from Sears valued at $104.98.

Ummmm Did you forget that someone is innocent until proven guilty under the law?

I didn't know she was convicted of anything as of yet? Do you know something and aren't sharing?

Otherwise, please at least give ther the benefit of the doubt until she is proven guilty in a court of law. The news media isn't the Judicial branch of government, yet!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,907,992 times
Definitely old news. But her excuse? She claimed she was doing under-cover reporting, on the side. I doubt her employers are pleased. It's a shame.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,685,884 times
heh

Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM

370 posts, read 609,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Ummmm Did you forget that someone is innocent until proven guilty under the law?

I didn't know she was convicted of anything as of yet? Do you know something and aren't sharing?

Otherwise, please at least give ther the benefit of the doubt until she is proven guilty in a court of law. The news media isn't the Judicial branch of government, yet!

Maybe you should spend a few additional minutes reading posts before making a comment . I did not say she was convicted....I stated she was arrested. In other words, the Milford Police Department had probable cause to believe she committed a crime and therefore arrested her. Thank you.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,237,489 times
Quote:
Maybe you should spend a few additional minutes reading posts before making a comment . I did not say she was convicted....I stated she was arrested. In other words, the Milford Police Department had probable cause to believe she committed a crime and therefore arrested her. Thank you.
But you already convicted her:

Quote:
Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,925,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Definitely old news. But her excuse? She claimed she was doing under-cover reporting, on the side. I doubt her employers are pleased. It's a shame.
Hmmm, undercover traffic reporter. What the hell was she investigating? Loss prevention at the mall??

Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,500,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
But you already convicted her:
kidyankee764's "quote"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1
Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

UconnHusky1's ACTUAL quote

Seriously.. you're REALLY gonna pull an underhanded move like MISQUOTING someone????

I don't have a dog in this "fight", but it irks me to now end when someone wants to act holier than thou and prove their point by MISQUOTING another...

You left out ONE VERY important word that the OP used.. "Apparently".... just like when "officials" use the word "allegedly"

If you want to throw stones at someone and use their "quotes" against them, why don't you try being honest and complete when you do it instead of exposing yourself for a liar with your own agenda.

One word added or omitted can make for huge consequences in many arenas.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,511,731 times
"Your Honor, my client merely found the drugs and was on his way to the police station when arrested."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut